CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

ginge

15th October 2014, 09:49
Just looked in and I have a couple of queries.

@ ixion; I know how difficult it is to see something afresh when one has a fixed idea but am I missing something with your clue even after "ghostbusting"? 2 "a" s and 1 "e" rather than the other way about.

@ paul; please check your roman numerals. Do you mean 500 rather than 50.

Please advise guys.
21 of 46  -   Report This Post

ixion

15th October 2014, 12:15
You're right ginge...I've got the wrong anagram fodder....
22 of 46  -   Report This Post

ixion

15th October 2014, 12:17
...another effort...

Looking back, Earl regretted imbibing gin, as opposed to his normal tipple(9)
23 of 46  -   Report This Post

paul

15th October 2014, 12:54
Right again Ginge! Please turn my clue from a rout into a stampede!
24 of 46  -   Report This Post

chrise

15th October 2014, 17:07
Reader put off leaving. (9)
25 of 46  -   Report This Post

chrise

15th October 2014, 17:40
Re mine @25
I realise that "departure" is a noun, whereas "leaving" is apparently a verb participle; however I think it can also be a noun, as in the well-known folk song "The leaving of Liverpool".
26 of 46  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

15th October 2014, 17:45
It's a gerund, so perfectly acceptable.
27 of 46  -   Report This Post

chrise

15th October 2014, 17:48
I love it when you talk dirty, aristo!
28 of 46  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

15th October 2014, 17:50
So do I.
29 of 46  -   Report This Post

ginge

15th October 2014, 18:03
Having just checked for any last minute entries as per normal: great stuff folks, tremendous variety and ingenuity and a first in my memory; 2 entries from aristo!!!!!. "I ain't afraid of no ghosts" paul and even with the arithmetic it was right up there. Nicest of the "straight" anagrams chrise.

My liking for extraction anagrams (I hope I'm not seen as one-dimensional in that respect) was more than satisfied with fine examples from fiery, mattrom and BBM2 whose flagrantly politically incorrect pikeys was my favourite.

However, in a "departure" from my "norm" 4 clues made their way into my shortlist; both of aristo's (particularly @ 13), ab's and ixion's @ 23 with the latter winning by a nose:

Looking back, Earl regretted imbibing gin, as opposed to his normal tipple

Your "prize" is not for the squeamish, 2 unusual and very unexpected departures. You have been warned.

http://youtu.be/Rd2pZZ1l8dA

Cheers, ginge.

@ rosalind; your Italian jaunt has obviously worked wonders. I see the cuisine has taken on an oriental twist, pureed rat Mmm!
I am a cat lover and currently fortunate to be at the beck and call of twin feline sisters, the only women I really trust (catty comment?). Loved being compared to the panda in the old joke but I'm sure I've never behaved in such a caddish manner when women of class, such as yourself, have been involved!
30 of 46  -   Report This Post