CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

aristophanes

19th August 2014, 00:30
It seems we're the same age, chrise, but only 34 years for me. Congratulations.

Even more trouble than usual getting onto the site. Any news about Joint Effort?
21 of 35  -   Report This Post

chrise

19th August 2014, 07:05
Thanks aristo - keep up the good work.

I'm a bit concerned re JE - I think Les said last week that he was going to take Thursday and Friday off, and hoped to publish by Sunday, but I've not heard anything further.
22 of 35  -   Report This Post

elle

19th August 2014, 09:23
Morning, Rosalind. I didn't even know that one could get a telegram from the Queen on reaching one's 60th Wedding Anniversary! Is that 'Diamond'?
http://www.royal.gov.uk/hmthequeen/queenandanniversarymessages/anniversarymessages.aspx
I knew of course that one could get a telegram on reaching 100 years of age. My friend's mother will be 104 on her next birthday!
23 of 35  -   Report This Post

rosalind

19th August 2014, 12:44
Wow, that is old. My 4 year old grandson informed me I was very, very old, and then said "How did that happen?"
The answer to that, as Larkin had it, "brings the priest and the doctor.."
It wasn't a telgram, really, a card with a photo of the Queen sent by Special delivery but my parents were very chuffed. It was a bit strange asking Directory Enquiries for the phone number, but of course they are quite used to it.
24 of 35  -   Report This Post

ginge

19th August 2014, 13:09
Many congratulations chrise, quite an achievement in this day and age. Whilst I've had a few "long" term relationships including 1 marriage I've never reached a decade (most likely my fault) so while I appreciate my "freedom" at times I'm also sometime envious of those like yourself who have a soulmate. Ever the optimist, perhaps next time! Enjoy your family reunion this weekend.
25 of 35  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

19th August 2014, 13:25
I join the others in congratulating you Chris! And congratulations to the others who have reached such a good number of years together.
I am in the same position as Rosalind. Celebrated 30 years of a very happy marriage, but my husband died 3 months after from cancer. I did find love again, but last year he was diagnosed with an illness which is not curable.
26 of 35  -   Report This Post

leapy

19th August 2014, 13:35
I was married in April 1966 that's 48 years ago and still counting!!!! Congrats to all and everyone
27 of 35  -   Report This Post

rosalind

19th August 2014, 13:43
Ah, jazzy, lacrimae rerum . That is hard luck. I hope it is at least treatable xx R
28 of 35  -   Report This Post

chrise

19th August 2014, 13:47
Thanks ginge, leapy and jazzy, and my sympathies to you as well, jazzy.
29 of 35  -   Report This Post

chrise

19th August 2014, 13:48
P.S. how does the Queen send a telegram when, as far as I know, they no longer exist as a means of communication?
30 of 35  -   Report This Post