CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jazzgirl

17th August 2014, 08:38
Email received from Norah (admin) saying that Ash will look at the problem tomorrow. But I have not seen the pop up at all today, so far.
51 of 63  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

17th August 2014, 09:01
Ouch! The java pop uphas returned :(
52 of 63  -   Report This Post

chrisg

17th August 2014, 09:23
I went onto answerbank yesterday and the Java pop up appeared twice. On each occasion my virus software (MSE) automatically started a clean-up and took me off the site. Looking into the history file. MSE stated that this was a serious threat in that the software contained addition apps which could be Trojan horses. Needless to say, I have not been tempted to go back on AB!
53 of 63  -   Report This Post

rusty

17th August 2014, 09:26
Good morning, young Jazzgirl.
The Java pop up is happening on many sites, not just this one.
I know when I access this site from my phone, I get an alert saying ths site has a problem with a security certificate and is not safe.
Anyway, another fine morning here, hope it is the same wth you!
54 of 63  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

17th August 2014, 09:32
Good Morning to you too young rusty :)
Fine day here with a light breeze.
55 of 63  -   Report This Post

elle

17th August 2014, 10:11
Morning, everyone!
After the initial panic on my part that I might be having problems with Java (I wasn't , it was just a routine 'normal' update' ) all still seems to be ok. I'm still not getting any ads at all anywhere - even on this site - whist using IE. I'm sure that this is down to the ADBlock and the ActiveX whatsit (recommended very kindlyby chrisg)
Have checked what happens if I access anywhere - here plus Answer bank using Google Chrome and am inundated with adverts then?
Staying safely working through Internet Explorer whilst this problem is rife!
56 of 63  -   Report This Post

rusty

17th August 2014, 10:47
Good morning, Elle!
Glad to hear things have subsided with you!
No sign of Java with me so far, today.
Just a pesky ad for Red Bull taking over when I log on to the forum!
Fine day for walking?
57 of 63  -   Report This Post

elle

17th August 2014, 10:56
Top of the morning to you, Rusty!
Yes , a lovely day here although it was a mite chilly earlier on!
Just making a start on the Everyman crossword ( I like that one) and then we are off out with the dog very soon in order to be back in time for the final day of the Athletics.
Have you been for your daily 'dander' Yet?
58 of 63  -   Report This Post

rusty

17th August 2014, 11:46
Sounds like a good plan you have, Elle!
Yes, I have had a dander round the Nature Trail, dodging out of the way of young girls on horses,at one point!
The athletics should be good!
59 of 63  -   Report This Post

elle

17th August 2014, 13:49
Just got back, Rusty - a lovely walk until we suddenly encountered a thunderstorm - got home drenched to the skin and had to change all our clothes! (no handy bullock hides around for protection)

Now are you sitting comfortably, ready to listen/(watch)........ ?
I refer of course to the Athletics and not 'Listen with Mother'..........

Catch you later.......
60 of 63  -   Report This Post