CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

trevor

1st January 2010, 19:19
Hi Philip
I can assure you that i would never purposely use your name,unless i wanted to subject everybody to some smug,mindless non sequiturs,wild supposition and be both patronising and a tad offensive to the whole forum.
If i am not sure of something i say so - either by words or by adding a question mark.
How is your post relevant to the way in which questions are asked? you seem far more concerned by the fact that you are very slow to answer.
...Anyway I must get ready to go and meet my 30 or so sad friends in the pub we have hired.I would invite you but im a c***!!

tatty bye
HAPPY NEW YEAR to ALL
21 of 32  -   Report This Post

trevor

1st January 2010, 19:22
PS. Im agree with Jolan re "?"s.
22 of 32  -   Report This Post

thicky

1st January 2010, 19:41
Trevor
As a relative newcomer to this site I was disappointed by the tone of your reply to philip, who I thought was amusing, and the language you chose to use.
We are all entitled to our opinions, and hitherto I have valued yours. I am not sure whether I will in the future.
Thicky
23 of 32  -   Report This Post

mark

1st January 2010, 19:47
you have started something now trevor.happy new year.
24 of 32  -   Report This Post

trevor

1st January 2010, 20:08
hny Mark
Thicky,Sorry about the tone,I know what you mean but i didn't insult anybody apart from myself(well maybe a bit).
I am a little concerned that you find Philip amusing tho.
Can i say your opnion doesn't matter because I suspect that you live a sad life anyway..ha-ha, boom boom.

25 of 32  -   Report This Post

paul c

1st January 2010, 20:09
I must say I agree with Thicky (pity about the name). I enjoy reading Philip's comments from time to time. He seems to add a mixture of humour and common sense, even if he is sometimes slow. Reread what he said Trevor, cant you see he is having a laugh at himself as well as the rest of us and he is probably right What can be sadder than a bunch of oldies solving cryptic clues on New Years Eve?.

Paul C
26 of 32  -   Report This Post

trevor

1st January 2010, 20:19
Paul C (new years DAY surely?)
ok - I bow to popular opinion,
sorry Philip.
I am off out for a bit, I truly wish everybody a great year. xx
27 of 32  -   Report This Post

machloop

1st January 2010, 21:41
Jolan [wrote]
And, besides! A ? is the most commonly used wildcard symbol across the world of IT. So why is it causing soaring blood pressure in some of our dearest(and wisest)contributors? Is it post-festive blues (I didn\'t like to use \'irritabiliy\'). Chill out, it\'s only a short time till next Christmas.
-------------------------------------------------

No rise here its 121/78 at the moment. What we said was that some of us don\'t use this IT stuff but we look at the word as a whole, to us the shape of the word is important and question marks impinge on our ability to see the word. It is only a small point but if there is a choice I vote for underscores.
28 of 32  -   Report This Post

terry

2nd January 2010, 17:39
I like the way we have effortlessly managed to split this discussion in two (this thread and Mamya\'s original)despite one of the first postings pointing out that multiple same topic threads are a nightmare. Nice one.

29 of 32  -   Report This Post

robtherich

2nd January 2010, 18:10
If I were a New User, accepting the invitation to Read This, I'd probably decide this site wasn't for me, as a simple statement of How Tos has become an arena for bilious bad manners and show-off-man/person-ship.

If any of the invitees has waded through the irrelevances to this point, I'd iterate that a title such as Guardian Monday Cryptic is far more likely to elicit assistance than a wittering: Help I'm stuck!!!

Would it not help to get back to the original point?
30 of 32  -   Report This Post