CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

ajt a

30th December 2009, 18:10
But not correctly, I see
31 of 58  -   Report This Post

mamya

30th December 2009, 19:20
John D`Arran I am on Windows IE 8 and autofill is great for form filling etc

AjT Not correctly??
32 of 58  -   Report This Post

philip

30th December 2009, 19:47
So after all that what is the answer to 23 down?!!!!!!
33 of 58  -   Report This Post

mamya

30th December 2009, 20:32
Don`t see a 23 asked on this thread ??
34 of 58  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

30th December 2009, 23:49
So after all that what is the answer to 23 down?!!!!!!

Now Philip you're being a naughty boy and, having just watched "The Turn of the Screw", I know what happens to naughty boys when they're found out! Please go back to post number 1 and give us the clue, the number of letters and any that you already have.
35 of 58  -   Report This Post

mamya

30th December 2009, 23:53
Thanks John thought it was me being daft I couldn`t see a clue LOL
36 of 58  -   Report This Post

philip

30th December 2009, 23:57
Hi John

I have sky plussed the Turn of the Screw so dont know what happens to naughty boys yet. So I have high expectations!!

You will of course realise i was taking the p?ss

PHILIP

37 of 58  -   Report This Post

mamya

31st December 2009, 00:01
Whoosh Phil that obviously went over my head LOL very good.

I too have recorded it on my new fancy dancy dvr thingy so will watch at my leisure as I wait for a thaw.
38 of 58  -   Report This Post

terry

31st December 2009, 02:39
Oh dear,
We just don't get it,do we.
As a group we are utterly incapable of agreeing and sticking to any sort of standard practice. Even if we did we couldn't possibly enforce it. We can't even tell when someone is being serious or taking the piss.
Some people seem to think we should only give clues for quizzes and answers for crosswords. Others think answers are OK unless clues are specifically asked for. About the only thing most of us regulars are agreed on is that posters should give the clue and number of letters.
It is a completely useless exercise ANYONE even trying to lay down any guide lines about anything. If you doubt this, then you merely have to flick through the numerous (my god how numerous)"final whistle" postings. More of a feeding frenzy than anything in Jaws.
The only way to get people to post the clue and number of letters (forget about asking which crossword,cryptic or otherwise,etc). is to ask them to provide them. And if they don't,don't give them the answer.
Only if the regular contributors to answers follow this line will we see any overall improvement.
We will have to accept that "last whistle" events will still happen (let's face it all largely "new" names asking for answers), and those like the Araucaria (whatever)fan club holding private discussions.
To summerise; only if the regulars adopt an "ask for the clue and don't answer without it" routine will we see any improvement.
39 of 58  -   Report This Post

jolan

31st December 2009, 21:28
Whoosh! Wot a thread. The 'X' for an e-mail address is the greatest as mine is quite long also (My e-mail address, that is!!). I also love the thought of "St. Helena"
I WISH YOU ALL A HAPPY AND A HEALTHY NEW YEAR.

Knoch, knock! Who's there? Formaldehyde! Formaldehyde who? Formaldehyding places come the Indians!

OK, hic! I'll go out to hear the bells now. Ah! THE BELLS, THE BELLS! AAARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!
40 of 58  -   Report This Post