CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

terry

30th December 2009, 00:53
What John of A says makes perfect sense,but we don't live in a perfect world. If we don't help ourselves nobody else will. I know many people love to help others by providing answers. But, in the long (probably medium) term they could give more answers if they stuck to a no clue no answer response. If we adopted the classic broken record technique I am sure it would slowly work. You know what I mean, we all chant the same mantra,"give us the clue and number of letters please".
11 of 58  -   Report This Post

mamya

30th December 2009, 00:56
ROGER (I mean Terry) sorry am tipsy now
12 of 58  -   Report This Post

terry

30th December 2009, 00:59
mamya,
If you want to be Rogered,what can I say......
13 of 58  -   Report This Post

mamya

30th December 2009, 01:01
OOOOh Matron
14 of 58  -   Report This Post

terry

30th December 2009, 01:03
Imfamy,imfamy, the've all got it infamy me.
15 of 58  -   Report This Post

mamya

30th December 2009, 01:05
Just remembered I AM Matron better get the drugs trolley!!
16 of 58  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

30th December 2009, 01:08
Mamya, don't go mixing drink and drugs! Let me do it for you.
17 of 58  -   Report This Post

terry

30th December 2009, 01:13
Bullfrog,
Be very careful. I understand that Mamya can suck a golf ball through a garden hosepipe.
18 of 58  -   Report This Post

mamya

30th December 2009, 01:15
Yes once nearly choked on a mint imperial (would have been a posh way to go) LOL
19 of 58  -   Report This Post

sammy

30th December 2009, 17:18
Have just noticed this thread.

I have often wondered why people post a question without giving a clue or any letters / number of letters (as if it is a general query rather than an actual crossword question)and why anyone bothers to reply in such a case.

Some time ago, I asked if there was any way to post on here without having to type in your user name and e-mail address every time (my e-mail address is rather longwinded, unfortunately, not short and sweet like "aol.com", for example). Every other forum I go to, I don't have to type in my details every time I want to post. No one answered...boo hoo!

The reason I bring it up here is that I feel it is laborious if you have to post each time to ask for the clue and number of letters and then post the answers as well. Phew!
20 of 58  -   Report This Post