CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

ginge

18th September 2013, 21:42
My choice of "boycott" was far from coincidental, refer to my comments on the last Peer Review thread. Rambler, I was unaware of your Silvester Sneakly/ Hooded Claw personae and regardless of you being "banned" from the forum, which I sincerely hope you are not, I will have to give serious thought to continuing my involvement in such an intolerant environment. My apologies in advance, should they be required , to BBM2 for my non-participation in his forthcoming hostings.
71 of 99  -   Report This Post

busby

18th September 2013, 21:47
Well done BBM2 and thanks Ginge
72 of 99  -   Report This Post

emrach

18th September 2013, 21:59
Night Rambler and I hope you are still here tomorrow - never thought J and S's downfall would be camping:)
73 of 99  -   Report This Post

rambler

18th September 2013, 22:02
We've now got the situation where lots of people know the word wasn't 'camping' but nobody dare say what it was?
74 of 99  -   Report This Post

syzygy

18th September 2013, 22:03
Careful ! Or you'll be next.

I'm sure you meant "holidaying", right?
75 of 99  -   Report This Post

emrach

18th September 2013, 22:05
Ha ha I will only have to guess night
76 of 99  -   Report This Post

rambler

18th September 2013, 22:14
I've decided to copy/paste the email so you can all have a look. If this results in my being banned so be it,

Hello Julian and Sandy

I have had several complaints about the thread in which you refer to “cottaging in France” and I have been informed that several users have not taken part in the thread this week due to this post. Ash and myself are not prepared to tolerate this extremely offensive urban slang and I have once again to ask you to refrain from using this type of language on a friendly crossword forum. I am well are that you are posting under two names which is not strictly speaking allowed, I do not want to ban you but if I did then both user names would be banned.

I have amended the wording to “holidaying” which is a far more suitable term. If you want to use words like “cottaging” then can I suggest you visit another site where this language is more suitable.

Regards

NORAH
Evoluted New Media
77 of 99  -   Report This Post

harbinger

18th September 2013, 22:17
I don't know what the word or words were. something along the lines of ...."bumming around France" would have been nice.
78 of 99  -   Report This Post

rambler

18th September 2013, 22:19
harbinger, hello old friend?
79 of 99  -   Report This Post

syzygy

18th September 2013, 22:28
OK, I'm making a list.

"Camp" is out, "cottage" is out, can't even write the one at post #78 ...

Perhaps everyone should avail themselves of "Roger's Profanisaurus" from Viz.

Oops, "avail" might be suspect.
80 of 99  -   Report This Post