CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

ginge

18th September 2013, 18:03
Cheers thea, just in time. I'll be back shortly with the result.
41 of 99  -   Report This Post

ginge

18th September 2013, 18:12

Hi everybody,
I selected "boycott" knowing it would be particularly hard to clue as I spent several hours toying with it myself but I was confident my limitations would readily be exposed and I was not disappointed.
I am mightily impressed with the ingenuity and vocabulary (not forgetting historical knowledge) shown. I know it means a great deal to see your clue acknowledged and I apologize to those whom I've not managed to mention. I enjoyed parsing them all. Some lovely touches include fiery's dotcom, therogue's OTT and wily coyote, ixion's conchy, redelf's TT, thea's cotta (new to me) and leader plus jands' bedtime.
However, after much reflection my shortlist included; samg @10 (I liked immature but why 2 sentences?), ixion @11 and BBM2 @16 (destiny angel to Nora(h) B!). To me, three stood out, all beautifully smooth reads, aristo @12 (nice homophone), BBM2 @23 (nice use of chemistry and overcomes), and fiery @ 37 (yes pedants it's lacking an apostrophe) with marginal preference for BBM2's offering. The winning clue being;

Ban bike race after exhaust gas overcomes one of the youngsters

Sorry big man, no clue writing for you until next Thursday. I Hope you like this. Cricket's gain was surely statesmanship's loss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWmatJTortM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

42 of 99  -   Report This Post

redundantelf

18th September 2013, 18:33
Congrats BBM2 good clue. Thanks for the mention ginge

btw your link doesn't work - not for me anyway :)
43 of 99  -   Report This Post

ginge

18th September 2013, 18:35
Hi red elf, I don't understand why since I copied and pasted from a draft where the link is highlighted and works. I'll keep trying.
44 of 99  -   Report This Post

redundantelf

18th September 2013, 18:36

redundantelf

18th September 2013, 18:37
That appears to work :)
46 of 99  -   Report This Post

ginge

18th September 2013, 18:43
Thanks red elf, I'm afraid I'm still at a loss to understand why since the link with an 's' still connects from my draft.
47 of 99  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

18th September 2013, 18:48
Congrats, bbm, and thanks for word & clip, ginge!
48 of 99  -   Report This Post

rosalind

18th September 2013, 18:51
Well done BBM2

Guess Miss Moneypenny will be busy next week.
49 of 99  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

18th September 2013, 19:03
Congratulations, BigBad (great clue), and thanks for the kind acknowledgement, ginge. May we look forward to those seamed stockings next week?
50 of 99  -   Report This Post