CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

pendragon

5th August 2013, 08:23
Yes, it really all depends how you interpret the special instructions. That's the first time I've finished it before 8.00 a.m. on the day it's put up!
11 of 43  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

5th August 2013, 08:23
Try this:

http://www.theguardian.com/crossword/print/0,,-28976,00.html?answers=145

If it's no use I can email you a blank grid?
12 of 43  -   Report This Post

syzygy

5th August 2013, 08:35
Thanks, Sudokulover.

Now I can go to bed & print it tomorrow.
That's BC Day & I'm off, so can work on it.

13 of 43  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

5th August 2013, 10:55
My grid is full and I have changed the relevant letter. Now I need to sort out where those 7 answers actually came from & their transformations!!
14 of 43  -   Report This Post

cmk

5th August 2013, 15:21
Mmmmm.

I have a full grid, worked out the transformations (and why) but the letter change is stumping me.

I have isolated a letter unique to all the pre transformed thematic answers, but can't see how it's supposed to be used in relation to the non thematic solutions, despite staring at the grid and considering various possibilities.

A gentle nudge would be much appreciated.
15 of 43  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

5th August 2013, 15:42
look down column 1 (not the column with 1d in it - the previous one)
16 of 43  -   Report This Post

cmk

5th August 2013, 15:50
Thanks Sudokulover, I'd seen that as a possibility, but don't see how it relates to the long preamble.

If it is as you suggest, wouldn't it have sufficed to say 'Change one letter in the non thematic solutions to make another themed one vertically'?
17 of 43  -   Report This Post

cmk

5th August 2013, 15:53
(Answers self)

Yes - but it wouldn't have been quite so specific.

Twigged at last - thanks S.L.
18 of 43  -   Report This Post

livs

5th August 2013, 16:02
Nice theme - I enjoyed this one but still can't parse a couple and have 16A left:
Dovetailing "Ricky Gervais", ultimately with "live Extras" (4)

I think it's _Y_S and is probably made up of ysle but - ???

Maybe the Y is wrong - 6D is one of the ones I can't parse (apart from the Queen) so it might be wrong.
6D Killer Queen following remix of final parts to Somebody to Love or Fat Bottomed Girls (9)

I'm going to start a thread on the difficulties of seeing the genius on the Guardian website - if anyone else has difficulty, can they contribute, please? And Sudokulover, can you say how you get the link to the correct print version every month? Thanks.
19 of 43  -   Report This Post

cmk

5th August 2013, 16:07
Livs - the Y is correct as is your parsing of 6D,

The definition at 16 is 'extras'
20 of 43  -   Report This Post