CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

ixion

5th August 2013, 03:05
Some very entertaining clues from Tramp...I suspect he's blown the knighthood though!
1 of 43  -   Report This Post

dizoz

5th August 2013, 04:52
g'day ixion,
when you get the theme, pretty easy. got a couple to go and the extra (no. 8)
2 of 43  -   Report This Post

syzygy

5th August 2013, 05:55
Having the usual Java ? problem.

Can see the page but not the puzzle. Clicking "Print version" returns the regular msg, "This crossword is not yet available."

Sudokulover to the rescue, please !
3 of 43  -   Report This Post

pendragon

5th August 2013, 06:15
This is worse than usual. I can get quite a lot of normal clues very quickly, but they all fit (so far) without any adjustment. Oh dear ...
4 of 43  -   Report This Post

pendragon

5th August 2013, 06:32
I now have the whole of the bottom half and a lot of the top ... and, despite having got most of the themed answers, I still have no idea what the transformations are!
5 of 43  -   Report This Post

dizoz

5th August 2013, 06:58
hi all,
finished all but "transformation" no. 8. only common letter in the seven is N. do i need to change URANCHRO or EOMEMDAZ ????????
6 of 43  -   Report This Post

pendragon

5th August 2013, 07:05
Sorry, but I can't help, dizoz. I've completed the grid now (although I'm not quite sure how 12A is made up cryptically yet). But the rules are very strange. I read it that there is one letter common to all non-thematic solution, which is not possible.
7 of 43  -   Report This Post

dizoz

5th August 2013, 07:23
hi pendragon, I think 12a is drawn from touring "unfamiliar" or the word related to the activity that the solution represents , eh ???
only "N" is in all the seven thematic solutions.
8 of 43  -   Report This Post

pendragon

5th August 2013, 07:35
Thanks, dizoz. Yes, the four letters are removed and then it is "toured."
9 of 43  -   Report This Post

dikkop

5th August 2013, 07:42
Dizoz

You need to look at the Special Instructions again, noting that the letter in question is unique and appears in the thematic solutions before transformation.
10 of 43  -   Report This Post