CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

unclued

20th July 2013, 20:19
22Dn Stripped = remove outer letters. Then make an anagram. Definition is the last three words.
31 of 38  -   Report This Post

uncle_w

20th July 2013, 21:29
Unclued. I think we are at cross purposes here as I have the answer to 22d but there are no repetitive letters . The unchecked letters are therefore different i.e, 'E and L'. My problem is knowing which one goes where. Hope this makes some sense. Cheers
32 of 38  -   Report This Post

uncle_w

21st July 2013, 05:58
Sorry unclued . Once I tore myself away from the TV sports it all became clear ! What a numpty !
33 of 38  -   Report This Post

drvirgil

22nd July 2013, 09:59
What a slog...and I've still got two to go!

I presume 6 down an anagram of p + terrace? If so, I can't get it at all!
Not new, not at all [4]

I've got the name & phrase...I just want to finish the bloomin' thing!

Is it just me, or is this puzzle overly complicated for overly complicated's sake? You don't want them as easy as Unchless every week, but this one has given me a headache!!!!

34 of 38  -   Report This Post

unclued

22nd July 2013, 12:47
drvirgil - the two answers you want are PARTERRE and EVER. Hope that helps!
35 of 38  -   Report This Post

drvirgil

22nd July 2013, 14:13
unclued - you're a star.

I keep forgetting that in Listeners even the word 'a' can signify 'are' and vice versa!
36 of 38  -   Report This Post

serpentinew

24th July 2013, 17:00
So a full grid, an understanding of the theme - but can't grasp how to highlight the person to whom the phrase is attributed. I have two options for this person Sim....ius or P...o - but can't fathom out the right finish to it all. Any help gratefully appreciated
37 of 38  -   Report This Post

unclued

24th July 2013, 21:12
Serpentine - the person is HERACLITUS. Use the number value of the letters to match to clue numbers (jumbled).
38 of 38  -   Report This Post