CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jolan

9th July 2013, 11:48
Good morning this fine and lovely day (a bit too good to be crossie solving, eh?). Hope you enjoy this week's offering. I've tried to mix the difficulty level as best I can.
Have fun
J

I set clues just for pleasure. I wonder if some of you excellent regulars would like to try a few ? Since they're new, no letters!

Please withhold solutions till 5 pm (GMT + 1) to allow others to have a go.

1. Couch becomes ragged on delivery (6)

2. Asian oil producers pull low g in battered cars (12)

3. A crippled foe may be the culmination of an eagle’s flight (5,2,5)

4. Mine planted by a unit (4,3)

5. Rupert Murdoch’s not abreast of changes? (6,3,5)
1 of 27  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

9th July 2013, 12:16
Got 2,3 & 5 quickly; puzzling over 1 & 4 !
2 of 27  -   Report This Post

jolan

9th July 2013, 12:35
Wow! GK. That was quick. Here was me thinking #2 would be the problem one. I'm always surprised. Off I go into the garden to see if I can find the energy to do a bit of bush trimming. Good luck with the rest. J
3 of 27  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

9th July 2013, 13:09
Good afternoon jolan
I've got #3 and #5 so far. It's too hot to do gardening, so I'm chilling with a cool drink instead :)
4 of 27  -   Report This Post

chrise

9th July 2013, 13:21
Hi jolan
A quick look before I go out again (dentist, unfortunately!)
I have a promising answer for #3, but I see no definition. Can it just be a coincidence?
5 of 27  -   Report This Post

jolan

9th July 2013, 13:25
Hi Jazzy! I've not yet ventured out but will have a go soon. Good luck with the dentist Chris {Open wide!! :)) }
6 of 27  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

9th July 2013, 14:15
Hello, Jolan. Late breakfast today. I see four of them, but I'm not sure about one of those. I like #1.
7 of 27  -   Report This Post

jolan

9th July 2013, 15:03
Hi Ari! Hope breakfast was nice. 26 degs C here today. Far too hot for me (probably cool to you). I'm a winter person myself and find the summer weather hard to take. Air-conditioning is a usual thing over here. No one I know has it. #5 might be a bit of a Britisher. Is that the 'unsure' one?
CU ltr
J
8 of 27  -   Report This Post

jolan

9th July 2013, 15:04
... meant air-conditioning is NOT the usual thing...
9 of 27  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

9th July 2013, 15:36
Got #5 right off, Jolan! I'm not that provincial. :)
10 of 27  -   Report This Post