CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jazzgirl

3rd July 2013, 11:17
4d is the name of a cricket (insect) The book is "What K*** D**"
6d definition is: gradually stops.
Starts with PE (excercise) + anagram of "stouter"
11 of 30  -   Report This Post

mondrian

3rd July 2013, 14:48
I`m finding this Xword very difficult. Am stuck on loads. I will put it down to post holiday blues having spent a lovely two weeks with the family in Finland. I will come back later in the week for more help, almost certainly. Hope you are all well. And enjoying the tennis. Fingers still crossed for Andy Murray!
12 of 30  -   Report This Post

mallard

3rd July 2013, 17:59
Thanks jazzgirl. I have to confess to another typo. I meant 8d and not 4d which I already had. I find 8d to be a real stinker. Makes no sense at all.
13 of 30  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

3rd July 2013, 18:15
8d is a type of church service (I must admit I had never heard of it )

It's an anagram of "disinters men at"
14 of 30  -   Report This Post

mallard

3rd July 2013, 20:18
I guess the second word is 'Mass' but I'm stumped with the first.
15 of 30  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

3rd July 2013, 20:21
Tridentine Mass
16 of 30  -   Report This Post

mallard

3rd July 2013, 21:16
Thanks Jazzgirl, I'll have to look it up and see what it means.
17 of 30  -   Report This Post

bees

4th July 2013, 13:20
Just finished. This has been a nightmare. I had six wrong! Maybe I'm losing the plot.
18 of 30  -   Report This Post

magworth

5th July 2013, 12:01
How very varied the responses to this one are. For once I found it easy; others quite the reverse. I suppose it depends on our background knowledge. I`m hopeless at anything scientific or technical (I rely on Jazzgirl for those! ) Computers ? No chance.There were none of those this week. I`m, OK with art or literature. Being old, references to ancient Tv shows are fine with me! Mags.

Mags.
19 of 30  -   Report This Post

mondrian

5th July 2013, 13:36
Bees. I am relieved to read your contribution. I have found this week`s puzzle a nightmare too!!! In fact am going to abandon it and hope for better things next week. By the way who is that tall Irishman in 3D?
20 of 30  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT 28