CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

emrach

11th April 2013, 09:08
Yes Please :)
21 of 40  -   Report This Post

rossim

11th April 2013, 09:23
Rosalind I make no excuses for putting reel but imho your clue would have had a better surface if you had put ABS SECURE roll up. I don't want to sound critical but you did ask for feedback!
I thought your doormat clue was among the best constructed there.
22 of 40  -   Report This Post

busby

11th April 2013, 09:57
It does say (in big letters) feedback, so here I go. I enjoyed this challenge, the format and clues were great. I have mentioned in another thread those that I liked but would like to also mention (P)21(d). This had me searching and I found Billy, Gene ( sounds like a Michael Jackson song) and Thornton, lots of research before an answer. (P)36 was good. But (P)7 didn't give any indication of which "points" to use in the clue. Unless 6a, 14a, or 24a were solved there didn't seem to be a correct answer. This may be part and parcel of cryptic crosswording, as a newcomer I'm not sure. All up Its been good fun. Thanks to everyone involved. (can I please play again?)
23 of 40  -   Report This Post

pastille

11th April 2013, 10:20
Thanks Les and AB......did not get much of it done, but looking forward to filling it in and working " backwards".

Yes please for next time.....

Also I am taking advantage of this thread hoping that Trevor takes a sneaky peek....

@ Trevor.

I realise you have been having trouble with your eyesight recently ......is this you?

http://twitter.com/SallyHitchiner/status/321942702948225025/photo/1

X
24 of 40  -   Report This Post

busby

11th April 2013, 10:31
Hi Pastille, I shouldn't have looked......but how do you find these links? I'm highly amused....Trevor...I hope not !
25 of 40  -   Report This Post

rosalind

11th April 2013, 11:44
Thanks for the comments re REEF, very interesting point about the plural. I really want to improve my clue setting- am beginning to enjoy it more than solving!- so it's good to get constructive feedback. I believe the rolled up part of the sail is also called a reef.
i was pleased Les gave me that word to clue as I am researching mid nineteenth century sailing ships, specially the Tornado which took emigrants to Australia. How did the crew hold on while tying reef knots?
And yes to the next JE, Les, thanks
26 of 40  -   Report This Post

djawhufc

11th April 2013, 11:58
I'm in Les
27 of 40  -   Report This Post

trevor

11th April 2013, 12:02
ha-ha, very funny Pasty.
don't be such a silly sausage, although i do put dog pooh into post boxes.
28 of 40  -   Report This Post

rossim

11th April 2013, 13:12
A relative of mine was a postlady for 10 years and she never found out who it was. She said it must be little boys. Now we know!
29 of 40  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

11th April 2013, 14:08
Rosalind: glad you took our little criticism in the right spirit -- sometimes a little inexactitude has greater repercussions! You're right: setting is actually more fun than solving, and that's why I'm so grateful to les for getting us together & producing at least near-perfect puzzles of such high quality! And to everybody else who contributes: thank you again, it was such fun! If one of mine was way above everybody's head, I vow to aim better next time!
30 of 40  -   Report This Post