CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

rosalind

10th April 2013, 22:22
Thank you Les for all your hard work and ab for the files
I would never have got Bloom either.
Can I ask those of you who put REEL rather than REEF if you think my clue is fair?
11 of 40  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

10th April 2013, 22:40
I had Bloom simply because I thought it had to refer to Bloomsday, but the U2 thing totally escaped me, and I would never have gotten it. I thought that breathing audibly might be blo(w) Om (as in Yogic meditation), but then of course "you, too" made no sense.
12 of 40  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

10th April 2013, 22:43
Well, Rosalind, the problem as I see it is that "reef" means either part of the sail or to roll it up, so from the clue I would have expected "reefs" (I was onto the sailor meaning of ab) --- but maybe others see it differently! Of course that doesn't excuse "reel", but that was my problem!
13 of 40  -   Report This Post

les40

10th April 2013, 23:03
Thanks guys,

Whilst you're all still keen with the Joint Effort, I am now taking names for the May Special, it's a hefty rascal with lots of clues and I need the interest of 20 member setters (more can be accommodated)
So a quick YES or NO will secure your place or an email to let me know that your in. Don't worry about the amount of clues each because we have 3 weeks to prepare.

I have 2 up to now.
Me and aristophanes. Who else wants in?

Cheers, Les40
14 of 40  -   Report This Post

ab

10th April 2013, 23:12
Thanks for the invitation. Delighted to help.
15 of 40  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

10th April 2013, 23:18
Yes please, les.
16 of 40  -   Report This Post

busby

11th April 2013, 00:10
Would love to join in again.....Thanks to AB & Les for all your efforts.
There were 3 unanswered and 6 errors for me in the April joint effort. I'm very pleased how I went as the last 2 I attempted had very dismal outcomes.
Admittedly I spent many hours over a few days scratching my head. I'm glad I decided to use a pencil this time but now need to buy a new eraser. Still can't turn Pale Yellowish Grey into sham pain, I did answer the clue correctly thanks to all the down letters in place.. Must be the Aussie accent,,,well thats my excuse
17 of 40  -   Report This Post

rosalind

11th April 2013, 02:25
Hi Busby
Yes I'm still awake!
My 7th ed Chambers says champagne is "the amber-like colour of white champagne" which seems a bit odd.
18 of 40  -   Report This Post

busby

11th April 2013, 02:59
H Rosalind thanks for the explanation. I sort of see it but I just can't make it work.
I will be sending "josephine" an email within the next couple of days as I recently received information concerning the offer made. Thanks heaps.
19 of 40  -   Report This Post

bobs mum

11th April 2013, 07:48
Yes please Les
20 of 40  -   Report This Post