CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

Home » Forum » RT16

pipesmoker

9th April 2013, 16:03
Good Afternoon, All.
Two for the price of one today. Isn't that good? RT16 was quite straight forward, and the Morse crossword wasn't too bad either, although, never having watched Lewis, I had to seek some help.

Weather on the west coast is nice today, albeit a wee bit cold yet. Picked up my papers today, and on leaving the shop, found a wee man sitting in my car. He had been offered a lift by the man who had parked immediately behind me. However, he did get out, and it only took a couple of minutes to wrestle my groceries from his grip. You don't need to live in a big city to get a laugh.

Best wishes.

P
1 of 45  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

9th April 2013, 16:08
Good afternoon Pipesmoker.
It was going well, until I got stuck for ages on a couple of the short ones! But thankfully finished it. Where is the Morse one? Have I missed something? I think you'll be locking your car next time !
Thoroughly wet and cold here.
2 of 45  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

9th April 2013, 16:10
It's OK. Just found Morse on page 21.
3 of 45  -   Report This Post

wally

9th April 2013, 16:25
12ac Very clever! A person who numbs. (In the sense that a walker is a person who walks).
But not too sure about 8ac
4 of 45  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

9th April 2013, 16:26
Good idea, jazzgirl. Happily the man had only offered him a lift. It could have been a problem if he had told him just to take the car, as my keys were still in the ignition. I have not yet aspired to the type of car which only requires the car to be in your pocket.

Keyless ignition can be a problem. One day, Mrs P dropped me off to get ferry tickets and drove off, promising to pick me up on her return. Unfortunately, I had the keys in my pocket, so when she turned off her ignition, she was well and truly stuck. Little old, baldy me had to trudge through the snow to catch up with her. Poor Mrs P had to sit in a car without a heater. Poor wee thing.

Have a good day.

P
5 of 45  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

9th April 2013, 16:29
Wally, for 8a think of fish
6 of 45  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

9th April 2013, 16:31
Pipesmoker: In this part of outer London, if I left the keys in the ignition and/or left the door unlocked here, there would be no car there when I returned. Your area sounds a far safer environment
7 of 45  -   Report This Post

magworth

9th April 2013, 16:31
Hello pipesmoker. So you don`t have to lock your car ?
What a nice place to live. jazzgirl - yes, short ones. if only I could get 8ac I could then get 5 down - which I think must be the carpet town, but it won`t fit! (Large group will decrease without oxygen - 5)
I just have ? H ???. Magw.
8 of 45  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

9th April 2013, 16:34
hi Magw
8a think of fish for the group. Synonym for "will" outside (without) O for oxygen.
5d not the carpet town. Think of a form of Tax (reversed) for starters......
9 of 45  -   Report This Post

magworth

9th April 2013, 16:39
Thanks Jazzgirl. I thought of that word but stupidly was trying to find a synonym for `decrease` ! Magw.
10 of 45  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT16