CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

Home » Forum » RT16

devonian

10th April 2013, 14:15
Thanks once again Jazzgirl. I still think that a more relevant clue could have been provided for the first part of 14D
21 of 45  -   Report This Post

mondrian

10th April 2013, 15:26
Pipesmoker. Glad to hear your car intruder caused a laugh! I no longer have a car but, when I did, would not have dared to leave it unlocked. Left 2 empty cardboard boxes in once and got my window smashed!! That taught me.

Thanks jazzgirl for solving the West County town. Is 6A a French word originally, now commonly used? If so I do not get it.

Am also struggling with 17D Travellers depression when looking the loop. Have ?O???L?
Also struggling with the playwright and actor. I may have the first name with the bird bit having `House` in front. Am I going in the right direction?

Half way through the Morse Xword. Anyone see the first of the new series `Endeavour`? Early days of Morse with a new series planned - good.

Still very cold wind here. Where is Spring?
22 of 45  -   Report This Post

magworth

10th April 2013, 15:52
Mondrian -yes.it`s French, yes to the `house` bit. The playwright`s initials are GB .
I still haven`t got the West country town even with Jazzgirl`s help and having most of the letters !! Magw.
23 of 45  -   Report This Post

magworth

10th April 2013, 16:15
Forgot to say...............I have `pothole` for 17d. I don`t know what it has to do with `looping the loop` - it`s probably wrong! Magw
24 of 45  -   Report This Post

trevor

10th April 2013, 16:22
...anagram of the loop (pothole).
25 of 45  -   Report This Post

magworth

10th April 2013, 16:34
Thanks Trevor - obvious really! I`ve got the town now. I misled myself by thinking that in 16 ac ` who`s come first` meant it started with `Dr` (Dr Who) so I had the wrong word entirely. M.
26 of 45  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

10th April 2013, 17:12
Sorry I was out all afternoon gardening, so missed Mondrian.
Yes 6a ( French word, as Mag says). Sounds like "show" (ostentation) "fur" (down)
27 of 45  -   Report This Post

bees

11th April 2013, 17:07
Thanks, Wally, for 12A. I had the answer but didn't understand it.
Still syumped by 1d & 10A. With film of young animal ?h??? and Group relatively optimistic lands inside: ???n
28 of 45  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

11th April 2013, 17:29
hi Bees
2d definition: young puppy. The film is an old Beatles one (4 letters)
10a definitin: group (hidden within the clue)

Hope this helps.
29 of 45  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

11th April 2013, 17:30
*typo. 1d is the young pup
30 of 45  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT16