CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

pastille

1st March 2013, 00:50
@ ixion....now an image in my "giggle bank" white terry socks in sandles.....
41 of 97  -   Report This Post

busby

1st March 2013, 06:19
Jokers visit Sail Inn, full of evil intentions. (8,4)
Visit = anag
Jokers = Cards + Sail Inn.
42 of 97  -   Report This Post

busby

1st March 2013, 06:33
Hi to Kiwikid and Heatmeltswax, ( don't worry Pastille your appointed position is safe). Now I'm not the only "newbie" hope you both enjoy the competitions on this forum. Have a go at the next Clueless and Joint effort, just for fun.
ps: I reside "across the ditch" from yourself Kiwikid.
43 of 97  -   Report This Post

kiwikid

1st March 2013, 07:58
Hi Busby... good to see you here! Any other Antipodean solvers around? We could have our own trans-Tasman thing going!

If I can offer another clue before time runs out...

Churchman on board, distressed, results in severe wrongdoings (8, 4)
44 of 97  -   Report This Post

busby

1st March 2013, 08:15
Hi Kiwikid...There are 2 others from Oz but I rarely see them posting... Jabiru is one and I think Bernie1938 or 9 or even 40 may be another. I have noticed that the voting time has been extended to allow for us "antipodeans" as I used to vote at 4.30 am. Now I get to "sleep in" I love that idea. Hope to see you around more often.
45 of 97  -   Report This Post

rambler

1st March 2013, 09:23
Hi busby - have I got my sums wrong or is our 4pm just about your bed time? Perhaps you could turn in having done your duty?
46 of 97  -   Report This Post

busby

1st March 2013, 09:36
Hi Rambler 4.00 pm cut off time for clues is great ( I have all day to try and think of something. 10 pm cut off time for voting means it is 9.00 am here. So I can have breakfast before I vote. I appreciate the effort that you have all obviously put into this.....thanks.
47 of 97  -   Report This Post

kiwikid

1st March 2013, 09:46
Hi Rambler!
The extended time works well for me too - NZ is currently 13 hours ahead of UK time (daylight saving!) so 10pm = 11am for me. Thanks for accommodating us :)
48 of 97  -   Report This Post

rambler

1st March 2013, 09:49
Hi, busby - after I posted I realised I HAD got my sums wrong and I've been trying to work out the times down under! I'm glad the 10pm suits and I hope that time will be adopted by other setters. The problem is that people store the preamble and just alter the no. of the competition and the word.

The preamble I used this week used to appear as single line double spacing on the old site but looks a right dog's dinner on this new site.

I've done an edit and I'll post below to see if it fits. Of course it may look different on others' monitors - mine is not a widescreen.
49 of 97  -   Report This Post

rambler

1st March 2013, 09:51
PEER REVIEW XX

A competition to compose the best cryptic clue, judged by your fellow contestants.

You may enter as many clues as you like and everybody is welcome to have a go.

Please feel free to explain your clue if you think it will help.

Everybody who enters may vote for their favourite clue, please state name and post no.

The entry with the most votes wins and its composer sets next week's competition.

Post your clue by 4pm Friday when voting opens, deadline for voting is 10pm..

The setter has a deciding vote in the event of a tie and may change the rules if necessary.

The setter will declare the winner and donate an online prize.

This week's answer to be clued is: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Good Luck!
50 of 97  -   Report This Post