CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

chrise

12th February 2013, 17:54
Yes - very good, jolan (and AB and rosalind, to her surprise!)
51 of 57  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

12th February 2013, 17:55
Congratulations to everyone who got any of them, & even more to jolan in the end --could so easily have got at least 2 & 5 ha ha ha...................
52 of 57  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

12th February 2013, 17:55
Congratulations to everyone who got any of them, & even more to jolan in the end --could so easily have got at least 2 & 5 ha ha ha...................
53 of 57  -   Report This Post

rosalind

12th February 2013, 18:52
ab solved it, not me. I only suggested it because the letter count fits and it means "old fashioned"
54 of 57  -   Report This Post

jolan

12th February 2013, 20:24
In addition, hi Ros, ab and Jazzy (thank you). Well guessed Ros and well linked ab. Below find my workings.

Hope they're not getting too complicated.

1. bed = bunk (bunkum); old = o; pilot = steerer; BUNKO-STEERER (N. Am) = a con man (Chambers D) = a shark

2. (crypt) net = BACK NUMBER = old-fashioned person (Chambers D)

3. close (v) = seal; a salesperson = a vender (vendor or vender; Chambers Dict); yielding “seal a vender” = SEA LAVENDER = (a salt-marsh) plant

4. subtractive anag (not & flying) of “airspace raider” – “a prairie”) = SCARED = chicken.

5. a return = a gain; sadly (anag) “puts” it = upst it; & “a return to the interior” yields:- up(a gain)st it = UP AGAINST IT = in almost desperate straits (Chambers D).
55 of 57  -   Report This Post

redundantelf

12th February 2013, 20:53
You have a seriously devious mind sir and I for one take my hat off to you. I always look in and rarely get more than one answer correct - as always, I will endeavour to do better.
56 of 57  -   Report This Post

jolan

12th February 2013, 20:56
Many thanks RE. Methinks I overdid it this week, eh?

Wonder where my old friend Tony is? Haven't heard from him for some time. Hope he's OK
57 of 57  -   Report This Post