CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

james

6th February 2013, 15:19
Good. Thanks. Didn't know the word (other than something that sticks up from the middle of a boat).
31 of 41  -   Report This Post

james

6th February 2013, 15:26
Just wanted to say: I love "university of Cambridge". It's probably been done before, but it's clever.
32 of 41  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

6th February 2013, 16:01
James - was it you that helped GK out with a guardian genius entry problem - something to do with java I believe? I can't submit my entry, it keeps bouncing back??
33 of 41  -   Report This Post

dizoz

6th February 2013, 23:54
hi, Pendragon and Sudokulover.
Got an email stating non-delivery, like you. (something about not being "domino directory")???
I resubmitted. What did you do.?
34 of 41  -   Report This Post

pendragon

7th February 2013, 07:45
I queried it and got the following reply :

Something has gone wrong at the Guardian end and is being urgently investigated.
HUGH STEPHENSON

35 of 41  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

7th February 2013, 09:22
dizoz - uninstalled all versions of Java on desktop, then reinstalled latest version, then re-submitted. I assume things are ok now, because it didn't bounce back. Possibly something to do with old versions of Java remaining, when usually they are just automatically removed when a new update comes along - I could be totally wrong though!! Worked for me anyway!
36 of 41  -   Report This Post

james

7th February 2013, 10:26
Hi sudoku.

Yes, t'was me. But other messages (after yours) seem to indicate that Java has raised its head again. On Monday, when I tried to open Genius (or any other crossword that uses Java), I got a message from my browser (all browsers will do give same message) that my Java was out_of_date. So I had to install the latest version.

I think we are OK now, yes? Are there any members of this forum who still have problems?

37 of 41  -   Report This Post

james

7th February 2013, 10:27
Typo. "All browsers will give ..."
38 of 41  -   Report This Post

neveracrossword

7th February 2013, 13:22
Had problems with Java too and had to download latest version - submitted today and all ok so problem sorted. I think that this was the messiest crossword I've ever attempted, scrubbing out extra words and writing cross references on sheet - but wasn't it a really entertaining puzzle?!! Thanks Qaos!
39 of 41  -   Report This Post

teenieleek

7th February 2013, 16:43
Nearly gave up on this but tried livs' suggestion and thought I had the first word of the instruction "switch" which made sense as it's often what is needed in this type of puzzle, couldn't see any others (obviously) and nearly gave up again. However, after a sneaky look at the posts here, I finally made it to the end. Very clever. Now for the the Speccie but no sneaky peeks unless I'm truly stuck.
40 of 41  -   Report This Post