CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

redcoral

23rd January 2013, 15:09
Back again after 3 hours in the hospital so may be not too bright as I put anagram into google & it came up with nag a gram ....... Which doesn't make much sense to me.

sNOW is definitely melting here & roads to hospital were clear if misty. Still no date for op though. Just reams of instructions!
51 of 76  -   Report This Post

chrise

23rd January 2013, 15:13
Hi recoral
Pleased you got there and back.

I get "Did you mean nag a ram" in Google.
52 of 76  -   Report This Post

redundantelf

23rd January 2013, 15:15
Hi redcoral - looks like you got one too many g's
53 of 76  -   Report This Post

redundantelf

23rd January 2013, 15:17
Oops! looks like chrise got there before me. btw - Good luck with the op.
54 of 76  -   Report This Post

redcoral

23rd January 2013, 15:27
Having got to page 6 I reckon this needs closing but have we decided on the group name out of all those suggestions????
55 of 76  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

23rd January 2013, 16:35
How about "cruciverbimob"? The greek & Latin suffixes meaning group or crowd don't sound good at all.You could begin a new word with "stavrolog..." using the modern Greek pronunciation of the "u" in the word for "cross".Frankly, I don't really like any of the suggestions.Aren't we just a gaggle of weirdo(e)s? My wife's not the only one who thinks that............
And glad to hear you're not suffering too much, redcoral: sorry your thread was rather hijacked yesterday, but I'm sure it cheered you up, too!
56 of 76  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

23rd January 2013, 16:44
And to bobs mum about your house in Burgundy: of course I know nothing about your situation in life, but I would recommend you to make that big move if you can. Despite all counter-arguments (like French drivers continually "met" on the wrong side of the road, insensitivity to the plight of animals, tax authorities who don't know what they're doing, no way of getting the "Guardian" quickly & cheaply, etc)we have never ever regretted the decision (and it wasn't easy at that age). You know the pro-arguments obviously, your French will improve through contact with the French more than you imagine (my wife understood & spoke almost nothing on arrival 4 yrs ago)& if you're lucky the neighbours will be friendly, helpful, wonderful people. I think it depends where exactly you live: some areas are definitely too snobby for me, but we've been very lucky, so why shouldn't I encourage you?!(Sorry this response appears a bit late).
57 of 76  -   Report This Post

pastille

23rd January 2013, 18:00
I like a clue of solvers....

But back to business ....re packed my rucksack GK...now includes an evening gown. Feather boa, and have spent the afternoon practicing lying resplendent and draping myself seductively over a Grand Piano....

The music shop was very quiet, so personally I don't see what the problem was.....rude assistants !!!
58 of 76  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

23rd January 2013, 18:05
I shouldn't worry, pastille: in that get-up you would if the worst came to the worst only be attacked here by a wild boar --- or 6 or 7: they tend to run around in large groups. Elderly ladies have been known to be cornered in their own kitchens by the beasts, and actually that's not funny at all..................
59 of 76  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

23rd January 2013, 19:38
Do you have a cigarette holder, pastille, or do you expect your accompanist (me) to provide one?
60 of 76  -   Report This Post