Many thanks to all who took part. Welcome BBM2.
GK, Ari and AB 5/5. Brill! Andyc 4/5, Jazzy 3/5. Wonderful!
There's no need to add my workings as they've been clearly spelled out. Nevertheless, I'll stick 'em on - just for the record.
1. subtractive anag(insane and not) of “British to dump” - “stupid” = THROMBI = clots
2. (double) Marvellous! (inf) = OUT OF SIGHT! (Chambers Dict – no mention of it being an Americanism) = hidden
3. can = tin; endless walks = alk; ‘take place around’ = TALK-IN = an informal yet intensive discussion (Chambers Dict).
4. grow weary = flag; each one = all (each one of the cups...all of the cups...); Spain = E; each one coming back to Spain = e + lla, yielding FLAGELLA = whips (plu of flagellum)
5. CP + H (Dictionary entries); ‘in agreement’ = ‘at one’ (C.O.D under ‘one’);’ in agreement’ about = ‘eno ta’; CPH ‘embracing’ = C(eno ta)PH = CENOTAPH = an empty tomb (Chambers – principal def).
Off now to diet. I DON'T think so!!! I'll take a peek in again before the night is out.
Thanks for your kind remarks. I'm still amazed at the skill you folf show at "cold solving". CU