CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

rosalind

31st December 2012, 15:21
@gk YES!
11 of 31  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

31st December 2012, 15:29
Thank you, Ros: I take it we all agree!
And btw: the fuss about "Second Coming" I see in a way very similar to Aristo-- if there is a God, I'm sure he's on the side of fun & amusement & wit -- seriously!
12 of 31  -   Report This Post

redundantelf

31st December 2012, 15:33
I'm with you there gk
13 of 31  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

31st December 2012, 18:43
Thanks so much, Les and AB. I had everything but 17a, for which I too had entered A-BOMB. I hesitate (as always) to list favorites, because I loved so many of them, but here are a few anyway: BigBad's 17a and 37d, Bullfrog's 24a and 49a, the shadowy peterm's 27a and 62d, jamoza's 5d, the evil ixion's 47a, AB's 21d, Les's 61d... Oh, where to stop? I'm feeling very dense, but I'm still at a loss re AB's "inane", and prepared to be further embarrassed. A most gratifying puzzle, everyone!
14 of 31  -   Report This Post

chrise

31st December 2012, 18:45
Hi aristo
I nearly asked AB about inane, but I gave his explanation one more read. It's about the letter E.
15 of 31  -   Report This Post

pastille

31st December 2012, 18:48
Hello all, did not quite get it finished, but looking forward to tomorrow when I can go over it at leisure.....possibly nursing a sore head....off out soon...

So HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all...XXX
16 of 31  -   Report This Post

bigbadmarty2

31st December 2012, 19:06
Hi folks and a happy new year to one and all .
My clue for "H-BOMB" originally included a reference to the cable network HBO which is responsible for some of my favourite TV shows (Sopranos , Homeland etc).
I struggled for the definition element before arriving at "Tried on bikini", and then I realised that it could stand alone as the clue. Of course after all that I totally forgot to consider any ambiguity with "A-BOMB" which as the clue reads is of course a perfectly valid answer .

I enjoyed Bullfrog 24a , AB 71a and Rosalinds
34d among many, many others .

Well done everyone and thanks to Les and AB for their efforts .
17 of 31  -   Report This Post

ab

1st January 2013, 10:09
Re posts 14 and 15, apologies. My capitalised explanation was not the clearest. There is one down (line) and three across "in an E", inane means senseless. Happy New Year, all
18 of 31  -   Report This Post

rosalind

1st January 2013, 10:40
You have referred to ixion as "evil" several times, aristo. I take it in this context it's a term of endearment?

19 of 31  -   Report This Post

peterm

1st January 2013, 11:28
Mutatis mutandis "shadowy"?
20 of 31  -   Report This Post