CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

greedy kite

17th December 2012, 11:34
Can't find the old thread. Have only just been able to check my answers properly. Can't understand 20d: if the answer is a synonym for "to harry",where's the TV drama? Couldn't find it by googling. Surely it's not that only other word that fits the crossers? Clue is "Harry's TV drama" (6), and I have H?S?L?. Sorry I have to catch you up so late: maybe it's my unfamiliarity with British TV series that's the problem!
1 of 26  -   Report This Post

chrise

17th December 2012, 11:35
Hi GK
I took "harry" to be the definition
2 of 26  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

17th December 2012, 11:37
Yes, chris, but where's the TV drama? Am I being obtuse?
3 of 26  -   Report This Post

magworth

17th December 2012, 11:39
Hi Greedy Kite. The drama was Hustle. Very good - hustle another word for heist - I loved it. Mags.
4 of 26  -   Report This Post

chrise

17th December 2012, 11:40
I never watched it, but it did ring a vague bell:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hustle_(TV_series)
5 of 26  -   Report This Post

chrisg

17th December 2012, 11:40
Since it is some time since the xword has been published will give the answer Hustle - This is a BBC drama
6 of 26  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

17th December 2012, 11:44
So we were both wrong at first, chrise? In that case I'm glad I asked! Had enough trouble getting a legible copy of this one; wouldn't want to send it in with a single error! A little help from my friends............Thank you both!
7 of 26  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

17th December 2012, 11:47
Sorry to be so insistent, but what mystifies me is, "hassle" is a synonym of "harry", "hustle" is not! Can anyone shed any further light on the issue? Or is it just a poor clue?
8 of 26  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

17th December 2012, 11:54
I think "hurry" rather than "harry" would have been best.
9 of 26  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

17th December 2012, 11:56
BUT... there is a character in "Hustle" called Harry, which you would not know unless you knew the drama.
10 of 26  -   Report This Post