CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

greedy kite

17th December 2012, 12:17
So it MUST be "Hustle", right, jazzgirl? Thank you for the hint. All very foreign to me. If no-one turns up here with a better argument for "hassle", I shall of course (once again) take your advice!!!
11 of 26  -   Report This Post

magworth

17th December 2012, 12:23
While `hassle`` fits the letters, it is not the name of a TV drama ! Hustle is............
Happy Christmas to you, GK. Maaags.
12 of 26  -   Report This Post

chrise

17th December 2012, 12:25
To be honest, I wrote in HUSTLE without noticing that the defintion wasn't quite right!
13 of 26  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

17th December 2012, 12:26
It's not very original, but HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO ALL, indeed!!!
14 of 26  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

17th December 2012, 12:27
Yep. "Hustle" starring Harry, = Harry's drama.
Merry Christmas GK !
15 of 26  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

17th December 2012, 12:30
oops. Joyeux Noel :)
16 of 26  -   Report This Post

kasseistamper

17th December 2012, 13:59
Sorry greedy kite but it never occured to me that "hustle" is not a synonym of "harry". There has to be a degree of flexibility in clueing crosswords and whilst 'Harry's TV drama' makes sense as a clue, substituting 'hurry' makes no sense.
I put the answer in without even considering the characters in the series.
17 of 26  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

17th December 2012, 14:22
Oh dear, this is really not my day!
Can someone explain to me:
1. Is this last responsez from the setter himself or from another solver? I'm not familiar with the name!
2. Does he / she mean it IS "hustle" , or "hassle"? The logic escapes me!
"Bamboozled"= gk.
18 of 26  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

17th December 2012, 14:31
.........oh and btw no need to translate , jazzy: I AM English, I just prefer to live here in the warm sunny South! If I were French & could tackle these puzzles dealt with here I'd have reason to be proud; as it is I seldom manage anything in the typical French puzzles, which as far as I can see are usually non-cryptic. God knows what the cryptic ones are like if they exist. No examples needed: I just need to know about our friend Hassle Hustle before I go back to my siesta............
19 of 26  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

17th December 2012, 14:44
Definitely, HUSTLE.
The setter has used this style of clue before, using a main character/actor from a TV programme . I can't find any old ones to hand at the mo.to show you. Sherry trifle anyone ?
20 of 26  -   Report This Post