CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mondrian

18th December 2012, 12:52
Dont like RT crossword being on page 8 so am bringing it back to the top again so I (and others) can find it more easily!

After the help given previously re the 3 wise men I got on well and have nearly finished but as I have every second letter of the remaining clues I should manage to complete.

In case I do not post again I do want to wish you all a very, very happy Christmas. And thanks again for your company all year and all the help given re undone clues.
51 of 58  -   Report This Post

mondrian

18th December 2012, 13:08
Knew I would be back before long!

Stuck on 59A Attack while filming (5) I have ?N?E?
Cannot `get` 37D if what I have is correct nor can I `get` 49D.

However I did not like the clue and answer to 44A. I do know the game bit but really the other implication is very unsettling.
52 of 58  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

18th December 2012, 13:26
Happy Christmas to you Mondrian.
59A Attack while filming (5) ?N?E?
(anagram of STONE )
37D means e.g."to have a good shopping spree" 2nd letter L(large) around the name of a plant.
49D. use the last letter of "shoW" + anagram of "Sultan" gives you the food you might eat at Christmas.
44A. I remember this game using pencil and paper, drawing the person etc.
Best wishes. J
53 of 58  -   Report This Post

film fan

18th December 2012, 13:27
ONSET / SPLURGE
54 of 58  -   Report This Post

film fan

18th December 2012, 13:28
Anybody started the picture quiz yet?
55 of 58  -   Report This Post

devonian

22nd December 2012, 12:56
Hullo all & a very Happy Christmas with a healthy New Year. Been away for a while so this is the first RT crossword in two months.
Completed most of the puzzle but help needed on 1) 26a *o*t*r* 'Tempers with soap after lunch'; 2) 34a *r*n*e*r*e* 'Go wrong in braces in cooking festive cake ingredients' orange something ? 3) 50a *t*c*ing 'Carrying what may be filled ?
56 of 58  -   Report This Post

chrise

22nd December 2012, 13:00
Happy Christmas Devonian

1) 26a *o*t*r* 'Tempers with soap after lunch'; A "soap" on TV around lunchtime

2) 34a *r*n*e*r*e* 'Go wrong in braces in cooking festive cake ingredients' orange something ? Not orange - goes with turkey

3) 50a *t*c*ing 'Carrying what may be filled ? See Peer Review!
57 of 58  -   Report This Post

devonian

22nd December 2012, 15:58
Thanks Chrise
58 of 58  -   Report This Post