CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jazzgirl

14th December 2012, 12:30
Chicken Caesar Salad - homemade
31 of 58  -   Report This Post

mondrian

14th December 2012, 14:36
I had almost decided not to consult this site until I got on with the crossword a bit better, as I know so many of you can do it in X or N number of minutes!! Whereas for me it is going to take me X number of DAYS!! Am now getting on slowly but still stuck on first one across even accepting the hint (from Magworth, I think) that the adverb represents a noun.
32 of 58  -   Report This Post

chrisg

14th December 2012, 14:40
Hi Mondrian - Think of the names of 3 people in a Christmas carol - they bore gifts
33 of 58  -   Report This Post

chrise

14th December 2012, 14:40
Hi mondrian
I had trouble with this too. Note that the full answer is (6,8,3,9) and the "3" is a very common little word. There is a blatant Christmas connection.
34 of 58  -   Report This Post

mondrian

14th December 2012, 14:48
Chrises e and g. You so often come to my aid. Thanks for that suggestion. I will have to go and look up the spelling!! But I should be able to get on a bit better now. All in all I am glad that the Xword is going to take me ages. It will give me something to think about instead of worrying about what I haven`t yet done though of course I`ll still worry about that!! See you later.

In case Caravaggio and Old gal read this and haven`t read my posting in last week`s forum, I would just like to say a very very happy Christmas to you. We still miss you both.
35 of 58  -   Report This Post

chrise

14th December 2012, 14:52
Checking the spelling isn't straightforward - there seem to be lots of variant spellings!
36 of 58  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

14th December 2012, 15:01
Although there are variant spellings the answer to 11a and 16a is an anagram of 5 words in the clue
37 of 58  -   Report This Post

chrise

14th December 2012, 15:05
Indeed, jazzy.
38 of 58  -   Report This Post

raymond

14th December 2012, 16:47
Yes Mags, Nadolig Llawen it is...so that's what I wish ALL of you happy people...and Blwyddyn Newydd-Dda...too.
R . :>
39 of 58  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

15th December 2012, 14:49
Good Afternoon, All. Quite straight forward this one, but I did take a bit of time to get 26 across. I spent ages trying to get another word for lunch, and somehow to get it to fit into the answer. Then it occurred to me that it might be something that actually happens after lunch.

Weather here a bit dreich but certainly milder than it has been of late.

Best wishes to all. I hope we find some other crosswords to fill the space between now and the next issue of RT

P
40 of 58  -   Report This Post