CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

emrach

14th December 2012, 19:25
Good Evening

Lots and lots of goodies but AB@17 for me
71 of 98  -   Report This Post

pastille

14th December 2012, 19:27
Lol at AB post 17....but going for yet again santaslittlehelper @ # 32.

Lots of good ones yet again....great words ChrisE.
72 of 98  -   Report This Post

les40

14th December 2012, 20:11
Rosalind POST 53
73 of 98  -   Report This Post

chrise

14th December 2012, 20:47
Though we still haven’t heard from paul, I am able to declare AB @ 17 the winner with 5 votes – aristo or Rosalind could only attain 3 votes with paul voting for them.

AB’s was my favourite amongst a very high standard too, though I did also like “a prick with a fork” from bullfrog – it reminded me of a semi-(in)competent hospital houseman I knew long ago, who approached a worried patient with the words “It’s only a little prick with a needle”.

To answer emrach, I had toyed with a variant on the “try beef cliché” that ixion used in post 5.

The prize is a little longer than usual this week – about ten minutes. It is the first of the “Posh Nosh” series that the BBC made a few years ago. If you like it, the others are also available on YouTube – search for “Posh Nosh”. (As you will probably guess, I had decided on the prize before setting the task.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzjR0yL4f0Y
74 of 98  -   Report This Post

imagcq

14th December 2012, 20:50
there are alot of great clues,difficult to choose.i particularly like mrw 22 emrach 27 but my vote goes to ixion 15 thats fifteen not 5
75 of 98  -   Report This Post

chrise

14th December 2012, 20:56
Sorry imagcq - you need to have posted a clue for your vote to count. I apologise if I have missed it, but I've been through the contributions four times without seeing it.
76 of 98  -   Report This Post

santaslittlehelper

14th December 2012, 21:00
Congrats ab. Bullfrog - sorry didn't see your post before voting, I remember seeing the T shirt! Gosh I did laugh.

Thanks to GK and Pastille for the votes - you beautiful people.
77 of 98  -   Report This Post

chrise

14th December 2012, 21:03
I actually misread pastille's vote, but it doesn't affect the outcome.
78 of 98  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

14th December 2012, 21:15
Congratulations on another paradigm of terseness, AB, and thanks for the votes, Bullfrog and rambler (fans of subtractive anagrams).
79 of 98  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

14th December 2012, 21:24
Congratulations, ab: must confess I overlooked yours completely! A great competition, chris! Unusually high standard, I agree.
80 of 98  -   Report This Post