CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

devonian

17th October 2012, 15:54
Thanks Chrise - I've only seen the Ilfracombe lady on the local TV news, but not sure I would want it in my view, but art is in the "eye of the beholder" as they say. It has certainly stirred up some controversy
21 of 33  -   Report This Post

mondrian

18th October 2012, 14:49
Despite everyone else doing Xword this week in under an hour or thereabouts, I knew I should have to seek help. Jazzgirl or chrise or anyone what is the 1990 sit com in 8down. If I get that I might be able to fill in some of the other blanks going across it.
22 of 33  -   Report This Post

mondrian

18th October 2012, 14:59
Got it now - thanks to Solution Wizard. But have never heard of the programme!
23 of 33  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

18th October 2012, 15:54
hello Mondrian
This is the first time I've checked in today as we are having problems in the family.
I expect you've left the library by now. Pleased to see you solved the TV programme.I remember it vaguely from a few years back.
J
24 of 33  -   Report This Post

chrise

18th October 2012, 20:06
Hi mondrian
You missed something not seeing the sitcom (though ITV never seemed to publicise it). It was a bit of an acquired taste, but I thought it was very funny!
25 of 33  -   Report This Post

radarman

20th October 2012, 16:49
No-one else seems to have had a problem with 16ac, but I just cannot see it. Have got all the other answers, admittedly needing a clue from the forum before I got 8d.
26 of 33  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

20th October 2012, 16:52
hi radarman
It is difficult to give a hint for this one, and I think it's OK to give answer:

Listen to(as heard)
private + ranker
= rancour
27 of 33  -   Report This Post

radarman

20th October 2012, 17:00
Thanks jazzgirl. I had more or less decided that had to be the answer, but I had just not considered private=ranker. I should have done because I am of the generation that did National Service.
28 of 33  -   Report This Post

butterfly

23rd October 2012, 11:01
I know I'm rather late with this one but am stuck on 6D - 'casually arriving at a ball'
-o-ling up. I have 2 answers that would fit. One beginning with R and another with B - any suggestions as to which is the right one please. Thanks
29 of 33  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

23rd October 2012, 11:06
Hi, Bubberfly. I see your point. If memory serves rightly, I had the one starting with r, but now I see your thinking, I am not so sure.

P.
30 of 33  -   Report This Post