CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

rh142

1st September 2012, 15:45
How about - No Shed?
31 of 37  -   Report This Post

mikey

1st September 2012, 15:49
Oh bugger ! I can see it now.

Sometimes I wonder why I put myself through this every Saturday !
32 of 37  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

2nd September 2012, 09:42
I agree with eccles45 - nice to have a new compiler to try & get to grips with. It was an interesting move to introduce him/her with last month's Genius as many of us appeared to struggle with that - but I suppose that's the point. Have finished yesterday's but struggling to parse 2 clues: 12a how do we get egate/etage from 'worried for turnover'?
And just for my info, in 1d - what is the game where deck = 4? Or is it just referring to the 4 suits in a deck of cards?
Thanks in advance.
33 of 37  -   Report This Post

scarlett

2nd September 2012, 09:51
jacks as in jolly jack tars - sailors - find them on foredecks?
34 of 37  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

2nd September 2012, 09:55
thanks scarlett, I got that bit - it's the fore (four) decks equalling sixteen that I'm not sure of :-)
35 of 37  -   Report This Post

rh142

2nd September 2012, 10:04
I think it's just that there are 4 Jacks in one deck of cards - so 16 in four decks of cards.

As for 12ac - I think you can say "what's eating you?" to mean "what's worrying you?" so I guess, in past tense, 'ate' could be used to mean 'worried' - then you have 'eg' = 'say' (ie for example) giving etage which is 'say worried' reversed/turned over.
36 of 37  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

2nd September 2012, 12:40
Thanks so much rh142, that all makes sense. Can't believe I didn't think of jacks as being in a deck of cards!
37 of 37  -   Report This Post