CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

les40

27th August 2012, 09:45
Hiya Chris,
send me an email with your query and I will try and rectify it and if your claim of two answers is right, I will post a comment about it mate. Can't see it without knowing where you're going with the query.

I'll log onto my email now pal
11 of 44  -   Report This Post

jws

27th August 2012, 09:53
Many thanks Les for all your hard work. Making up clues is the easy bit. .
12 of 44  -   Report This Post

les40

27th August 2012, 10:01
Thanks jws,
I would usually agree about the clues but I struggled for two days with 31 across, well, not constantly, I juggled it about in my head for that long - on and off
13 of 44  -   Report This Post

jws

27th August 2012, 10:07
Apologies everyone. Clue 41A should say “buyer “ not “seller” of a mess of pottage. Sorry for the error.
14 of 44  -   Report This Post

les40

27th August 2012, 10:28
POSSIBLE ALTERNATIVE SPELLINGS.

RE: Chris's query.

The clue answer for 42 down has alternative spellings.
The original clue answer spelling which is 6 letters, in which Paul compiled the clue is in Chambers 11th Edition, and has one alternative spelling entered with it of 7 letters.
The two other alternative spellings that Chris has found have slight deviations with the vowels containd in the answer.
As this clue is not an anagram, the final spelling is not affected by the wordplay and has no serious bearing on its outcome. also, the alternative spellings are only affected where the grid squares are unchecked, so it does not interfere with the crossing clues.
Hope that makes sense.
15 of 44  -   Report This Post

les40

27th August 2012, 10:40
WOW!

Just had the first completed grid sent to me for checking and all the answers are correct, they only downloaded it this morning, so a great achievement to finish so quickly

Well done AB, I doff my cap to you
16 of 44  -   Report This Post

peterm

27th August 2012, 10:51
That's quite something, AB. Well done.

Just printed it off, Les. Looks good. Thanks for all your hard work.
17 of 44  -   Report This Post

chrise

27th August 2012, 12:24
How soon can I ask for hints? I've finished the RHS, but only have a few in the LHS, and ideas have dried up!
Favourite so far is AB's 23ac Deep sounds, without Jagger? (6)
18 of 44  -   Report This Post

les40

27th August 2012, 12:47
Some people won't have even printed it off yet Chris, so maybe leave it for a while for the hints. It's only the first day on line. I'm going out now, but if you're really stuck later, send me an email and I will try and give you a nudge on that side of the grid
19 of 44  -   Report This Post

rosalind

27th August 2012, 16:04
Wow AB! I have only done about half a dozen so far, but then I have spent the morning playing cars.
Apparently a mess of potage is considered to have been lentil soup!
20 of 44  -   Report This Post