CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

livs

22nd August 2012, 18:16
Mrs Trellis, it was amusing at first but it quickly wore off! I play with the sound down now. What anyone else does in the privacy of their own home with the curtains closed is up to them.

magworth, I only bought the RT once, while the Olympics were on, and the OC wall in that one was familiar from the TV, I thought (still couldn't do it though). The RT promised me Olympic trampolining and the BBC failed to deliver - won't be buying it again. Not that I'm into trampolining, but it would've been something different, and I've always loved the original Bedazzled.
21 of 28  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

22nd August 2012, 18:39
I agree, the wall in RT does seem to have more overlapping items than on tv or the website, which makes it a bit tedious. Perhaps it's because there's no way of knowing if you've got a correct group until the end, whereas on the interactive version/s you can eliminate wrong answers. livs, I don't think you used your red button enough to find the trampolining!
22 of 28  -   Report This Post

livs

22nd August 2012, 18:43
But it was listed as being on BBC1 at a certain time. And every time we tried the red button because there was boring stuff on the main channels, there was just the same on the 'extra' bit!

Ah well, too late now. I shall never see competitive trampolining . Another dream dies.
23 of 28  -   Report This Post

les40

23rd August 2012, 00:54
I agree that Only Connect is good viewing, it used to be on about 2am in the morning, when I watched it with no disturbances. Some of the boards can be real sticklers, but very entertaining to watch and try and get the connections yourself.

livs, why not watch reruns of 'Britains got talent'. There always seems to be a trampolining act on it.
24 of 28  -   Report This Post

davidbod

26th August 2012, 16:01
Glad to see you're all geed up about the new series of Only Connect on Monday.

Just to reassure you about two things: the puzzles that appear in the Radio Times are all brand new, as are nearly all the puzzles that appear on our BBC website. And the RT puzzles are made in exactly the same way as all our other walls - though I entirely agree that the lack of instant feedback can make the paper version a bit more taxing, hence the extra hint we publish under the grid.

Best wishes,

David (OC Question editor)
25 of 28  -   Report This Post

rosalind

26th August 2012, 16:21
Am going bonkers! Tried Wall 1, could see some connections but could not get the words to move. Clicked, move Cursor, clicked, zilch happened.
26 of 28  -   Report This Post

rosalind

26th August 2012, 16:49
Ok, sorted how to play
But find it exceedingly difficult!
27 of 28  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

26th August 2012, 20:32
Greetings davidbod, it's honoured we are to have OC Royalty on our humble thread. Keep up the good work!
28 of 28  -   Report This Post