CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

rosalind

21st August 2012, 17:49
Did once see a snake being prepared for eating in China.....not a pretty sight.
Thanks Mrs T, will give it a go.
11 of 28  -   Report This Post

rambler

21st August 2012, 18:46
I was the culprit who posted the video and I remember rosalind being upset - apologies again, rosalind. It was actually Vietnam - one page of a menu in Vietnam featured snake, frog and rat. The frog was very nice.
12 of 28  -   Report This Post

rambler

21st August 2012, 18:51
I know you didn't like the snake video but did you see the snake preparation actually in China?
13 of 28  -   Report This Post

jws

21st August 2012, 19:07
I am also an addict of Only Connect. My wife thinks it is my Asperger tendency that it appeals to. I say I just like connections.
14 of 28  -   Report This Post

rosalind

21st August 2012, 19:32
Yep. In China. Saw deep fried scorpions and grasshoppers on sticks for sale too. My 10 year memory is they chopped off the snake's head, holding it in a forked stick, skinned it still writhing, chopped in bits, threw in pot.
Didn't like snake video? Sure it was me? I am the least animal-sentimental person I know!Doesn't mean I condone cruelty, though
15 of 28  -   Report This Post

rambler

21st August 2012, 20:15
Must be confused, rosalind - nothing surprising about that.
16 of 28  -   Report This Post

rambler

21st August 2012, 20:17
I think it's known as rambling....
17 of 28  -   Report This Post

livs

22nd August 2012, 09:08
Hurrah for Only Connect coming back!

Did you know there's a website where you can do the walls? Some are familiar from the programmes, and some have been sent in by viewers. Don't know if it's OK to post links, but if you search on 'play only connect' you'll find it. And then you can be personally berated by Victoria Coren when you get it wrong - if you like that sort of thing.
18 of 28  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

22nd August 2012, 09:18
livs, I think there are plenty of men out there to whom that would appeal greatly (and possibly women too- who am I to judge?).
19 of 28  -   Report This Post

magworth

22nd August 2012, 12:42
Strangely, I find I can often solve it on TV but rarely in the RT ! There are always too many words that seem related. M.
20 of 28  -   Report This Post