CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

emrach

12th August 2012, 22:25
Goodnight Mrs Trellis and sweet dreams x
31 of 59  -   Report This Post

phillip

12th August 2012, 22:32
same from me. and to you emrach.
32 of 59  -   Report This Post

emrach

12th August 2012, 22:35
Night Night Phillip
33 of 59  -   Report This Post

allatsea

13th August 2012, 13:20
I'm sorry if anyone took my first posting at face value. I did this to criticise the practice of giving the solutions rather than hints to help the clue-solving process. There is a difference.

However it has been interesting to read responses that were sarcastic, insulting, and hostile. Are they designed to put a newcomer off or are they unfortunate?
34 of 59  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

13th August 2012, 14:13
Sarcastic, insulting and hostile? The words pot and kettle come to mind if you read your opening post! If your intention really was to suggest that people give hints instead of answers, why not just say that in a non-sarcastic and hostile way? And I think we all know you're not a newcomer to the site. Anyway, thanks for giving us some entertainment :-)
35 of 59  -   Report This Post

allatsea

13th August 2012, 15:27
mrs trellis: I did not start this thread to wind anyone up but to try and become a regular contributor having observed the threads for just over a week. However i was truly put off by the way some members go against that I understand to be the spirit of the site. Perhaps I misunderstood the intended apirit.
36 of 59  -   Report This Post

rossim

13th August 2012, 15:34
Surely if people just want hints they can say so. Simple really.
37 of 59  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

13th August 2012, 15:48
allatsea, I actually found your first post very amusing, and agree with the sentiment in regard to a small minority of posters. But, as rossim says, people can cask for what they want, and other people are at liberty to answer or not answer as they like.
As for you being a new visitor to the site, er.......no. I have my suspicion as to one of your usual names, but I'm not going to air it - apart from anything else it would spoil the fun.
38 of 59  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

13th August 2012, 15:49
* ask. Sack that proof-reader.
39 of 59  -   Report This Post

barrycat

13th August 2012, 18:41
We seem to have gone off the thread here.
How many words allatsea,what is the clue and do you have any letters?
40 of 59  -   Report This Post