CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

aristophanes

11th August 2012, 17:58
Sincere apologies to Rosalind and jamoza. I did read the preamble after seeing the posts suggesting an early vote, and I gathered that an ad hoc change was OK. I certainly don't like the idea of changing rules in the midst of a game, and I didn't care for switching to a two-day time-frame either. Not trying to pass off the blame, mind you, since I did indeed bend the rules. I perhaps should not have closed entries, but it hardly seemed sensible to open voting before this was done.

There was a four-way tie- ixion, ChrisE, BigBadM, and THEA with two votes each- but a third came in for ixion's excellent "Empty jar? But I had nine!"

Here's your prize- a bit of local color. I've always found this heartbreaking- and haunting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE4Q5LOK2ec

81 of 109  -   Report This Post

francis

11th August 2012, 18:02
well done ixion
thanks AB for vote
82 of 109  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

11th August 2012, 18:07
p.s. Please note that this was not done to accommodate my own schedule.
83 of 109  -   Report This Post

chrise

11th August 2012, 18:14
Well done ixion; lovely clue.

and thank you pastille and bernie for my first two (counting) votes ever!
84 of 109  -   Report This Post

rambler

11th August 2012, 18:30
Thanks for the vote, francis.

85 of 109  -   Report This Post

paul

11th August 2012, 18:35
Nice one ixion - I would have voted Philip post 3
86 of 109  -   Report This Post

jws

11th August 2012, 18:39
well done ixion and thanks to thea for the vote
87 of 109  -   Report This Post

pastille

11th August 2012, 18:40
Well that seemed exciting...

Well done ixion...Gold.

Well done ChrisE, BBM2 and THEAMBLER ... Silver.

Well done me and others...the brown one.

Mr A...you were caught between a rock and a hard place this week....I have said before I preferred the 24 hour timeframe ....but feel jamozas frustration....but heyhoo worse things happen....and do.

Nice job aristo...off to watc the prize....

88 of 109  -   Report This Post

rambler

11th August 2012, 18:43
Because of what I'm like I've tweaked the preamble again and set a new time frame for approval.
89 of 109  -   Report This Post

rambler

11th August 2012, 18:45
PEER REVIEW XX

A competition to compose the best cryptic clue to the given answer, judged by your fellow contestants.

You may enter as many clues as you like and everybody is welcome to have a go.

Please feel free to explain your clue if you think it will help.

Everybody who enters may vote for their favourite clue (not their own) - please state name and post number.

The entry with the most votes wins and its composer sets next week's competition.

You must post your clue by 4pm Friday when voting opens - please vote asap before 8pm deadline.

The setter has a deciding vote in the event of a tie and may change the rules if necessary.

As soon a result can be obtained the setter will declare a winner and donate an online prize.

This week's answer to be clued is: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
90 of 109  -   Report This Post