CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

syzygy

28th July 2012, 20:57
Hi GK, glad to see you're still around.
Wasn't sure if you are receiving e-mail from me.

Re printing.
Your printer should pop up a window where you can change settings, select pages, etc.

Click the "Fit" button on the left side & the preview on the right should be clear.

Also, it's a good idea to save the file first, then open it & print.

11 of 32  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

29th July 2012, 04:56
Sorry, got so excited about printing problem, forgot to thank you for the mail. And thanks for the tips.
As for the puzzle itself, completely stuck on the long one "c" despite Aristo's little hints. Can't really continue till that's solved:have only 3 of the across & down ones, plus 10 of the 6- & 7-letter ones, without knowing where to put them.Do I u'stand correctly that the "reproduction passage" one (!) begins with SO- and ends in -ON ("before long"), means "entry in passage..." etc (whether sexy or not)and that the "do" at the beginning is a noun rather than a verb? What the hell is "the whole dictionary" -- AZ??!! Otherfwise I can see I shall spend Sunday morning wandering to the next village with a few hundred other yokels (an annual event) to get sloshed on red wine at midday & in the evening.Please rescue me from this dire fate! gk
12 of 32  -   Report This Post

syzygy

29th July 2012, 05:14
Hi GK.

I'll send you an e-mail. Easier than writing in this little box.

Congrats on finishing the JE so fast.

13 of 32  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

29th July 2012, 09:21
Hope you got my mail, Syzygy: suddenly got the lot in one go -- apart from 19d, which I may have but don't see why.
And as for JE: you may well be the winner yourself -- I suspect I had a couple wrong, but am awaiting Les's reply.
14 of 32  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

29th July 2012, 10:20
I think I'll have to go public.My last one is:
"Here's a liqueur --hugs and kisses -- and something to carry it in." 7 letters.

I have ?AN?BOX and still can't see what it is:BAND/HAND/JAND/SAND-BOX ???? If BBO were a liqueur, for instance, it would work: have only come up with distributors of that name in the States (where the puzzle comes from). Anyone any ideas? It must be simple, I've been staring at it too long............
15 of 32  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

29th July 2012, 13:17
All solved: it's Brandy & Benedictine! Thanks to Aristo (google finished it off, plus a little intuition). Not easy though!
16 of 32  -   Report This Post

les40

29th July 2012, 22:21
Ok, Thanks for the hints on the long ones GK, I've finished now apart from the same one as you.

19down) [f] Does 'Here's a liqueur' refer to the 'Bennington Beverage Outlet' in Vermont?
I have the same letters left as you -AN-OX

I've got 'h' but same as you aristo, 'losing five dollars' for the 'D' escapes me

I'd never heard of 'l' (6 letters) I may have to make some of them, they look all right.
17 of 32  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

29th July 2012, 22:33
19d: B&B is a liqueur (B AND B) O=hugs X=kisses

h(7): FIN is slang for a five-dollar bill
when you drop it from (fin)d it's covering her, you have the answer

i(6): I'm sure you've heard of the word. Pretty good clue. Definition is cats.
18 of 32  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

29th July 2012, 22:40
Sorry, Les! Misread your lower-case L as upper-case I. Can see not having heard of them; the cats, on the other hand... :)
19 of 32  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

29th July 2012, 22:41
@ Aristo: I think Les's problem was with "l" not "i" (6):like him I 'd never heard of them but he wants to do the recipe he's found, right?!
20 of 32  -   Report This Post