CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

paul

28th July 2012, 21:51
Oh, and well done Bullfrog and thea!
91 of 103  -   Report This Post

tonyw

28th July 2012, 21:53
Well done Bullfrog and Thea
92 of 103  -   Report This Post

rambler

28th July 2012, 21:56
You are quite right, phillip - why bother?
93 of 103  -   Report This Post

phillip

28th July 2012, 22:11
paul, glad to hear everything is OK.

like I said, there's two sides to every coin. longer running period; more participants. longer running period; more people fail to vote. personally I think that voting early is completely unfair ( I've already said why) and shouldn't be allowed. but that's just my view.
94 of 103  -   Report This Post

pastille

28th July 2012, 22:19
Firstly ...you are welcome jws.

Re post 83....what do you mean? I could have won!!!

The new time frame does seem to attract more entries, a good thing...

...but, personally I don't like it for purely selfish reasons. Being I don't tend to tune in at the weekends ...too busy.

I actually left the applotment early today to vote...how sad am I?

Saying that...these things should " evolve" so I will go with the proverbial flow.

Nice video AB...

P@
95 of 103  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

28th July 2012, 22:32
Problem is, with the best will in the world, real life sometimes gets in the way. I was lucky enough to pick up a few days work as a Duty Theatre Manager at the Milton Keynes International Festival. I spent today supervising an amazing installation from Barcelona called Guixot De 8. It consists of games made from recycled materials based on works of art. It's difficult to describe, but it was wonderful to see kids (and their parents and grandparents) playing games that don't need electricity, but do need skill and imagination. I'll be there again tomorrow and I'd urge anyone in the Midlands area to try to get there for the World Picnic, the last day if the festival.
http://www.ifmiltonkeynes.org/2012-festival-programme/2012/07/29/if-at-the-world-picnic.html
96 of 103  -   Report This Post

pastille

28th July 2012, 23:04
Bullfrog...sounds great...I have seen Hardeep Singh Kohli a few times, he is really good.

Re. Peer Review, I think stretching it in to the week end might be a mistake...peoples wekends are "unpredictable " at the best of times. Weekdays maybe a bit more predictable.

Maybe we could try and drum up trade and try to get the "weekenders" to join in during the week....saatchi and saatcchi tactics. Bit of advertising...as it were...

Just a thought....
97 of 103  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

28th July 2012, 23:15
I feel that it drags a bit, going that extra day, but it does mean that numbers are up...
98 of 103  -   Report This Post

bigbadmarty2

29th July 2012, 08:34
jws - I did intend to vote for you @23 . Have no idea why I slipped up other than the fact that I was in a hurry , someone was hovering to borrow the laptop and it put me under undue pressure !
In any event I'm glad it didn't affect the outcome .
I'd like to add my congrats to Bullfrog and thea.
The contest does seem to drag on a bit in this format but its certainly better than no contest at all :)
99 of 103  -   Report This Post

rosalind

29th July 2012, 09:05
I preferred the shorter format, but agree would rather have the longer one than none.I also think it's not entirely fair to vote early. But it is game :-)) and a very enjoyable one
100 of 103  -   Report This Post