CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

aristophanes

24th July 2012, 17:31
Oh yes, it's called a daily here. I didn't see newsagent as an answer till Jolan gave it.
21 of 27  -   Report This Post

andyc

24th July 2012, 17:31
The daily I thought might be a char (not retained as in charwallah) I believed I was on a winner with that. Ha ha.
22 of 27  -   Report This Post

tony

24th July 2012, 17:32
I blame the heat for not getting Newsagent!
23 of 27  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

24th July 2012, 17:35
I thought it might be char too.
24 of 27  -   Report This Post

rosalind

24th July 2012, 17:54
I thought it might be char, but couldn't find a word containing it, not surprisingly.And my brother was newsagent for all his working life.
Only got brass tacks.
When I saw your Mica, andy, I thought you were right because mica is sometimes called fool's gold!
Phew, it is hot, 30 degrees here in Oxford
25 of 27  -   Report This Post

andyc

24th July 2012, 18:13
I wish I could blame the heat here Rosalind, its overcast and raining off and on in the IOM. Jolan invariably catches me out, I thought I was so right with boxwallah, principally because of its meaning "a businessman or shopkeeper".

There again I had mica down for substitute glass I was looking for the hidden clue but missed the "first issue" bit.

It's quite deflating when you realise you cocked up after thinking you've cracked it. Oh well there's always next week.

All the best

Andy

26 of 27  -   Report This Post

jolan

24th July 2012, 20:53
What a wonderful bunch you are!
Yes Andyc, with a good pair of binoculars I might even see you. Naturally, the weather here is your weather too. Gorgeous!!
See you next week. J
27 of 27  -   Report This Post