CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jazzgirl

18th July 2012, 20:13
hi Bees
Just found you talking to yourself.
Fear not. Here I am.
7a another word for a jet of water.
22a poetic word for the time of day before noon; also means "to lament"
I'm buzzing off now.
41 of 47  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

18th July 2012, 20:14
sorry, should have said "sounds like" another word for lament
42 of 47  -   Report This Post

bees

19th July 2012, 20:07
Thanks Jazzgirl. So it's rhyme time!There I go blatantly using capital letters! It's going to look like the village from the prisoner.
43 of 47  -   Report This Post

mondrian

20th July 2012, 13:40
Greetings everyone and for last week too when I was absent. Son and family arrived from Finland so was happily otherwise occupied.

I managed to get last week`s finished with my usual struggle. I did not like the first one down all about a Panama hat and didn`t like the clue.

With this week I am stuck on 1D `Procedure with book etc etc` 9 letters. Also stuck on 29 A `Airline lost American etc etc` (10 letters)

All the best to Pipesmoker at SGH and the treatment

I see we have some newcomers so they are very welcome
44 of 47  -   Report This Post

chrisg

20th July 2012, 14:14
Hi Mondrian
Difficult to give you additional hints and at least one of these has been answered previously
1d is Op tome try (optometry - relating to vision). Made up from Procedure (op) book (tome) and try (to hear as in court)
20 is Balustrade (rail)
45 of 47  -   Report This Post

chrisg

20th July 2012, 14:16
... BA (airline) (l)ost US (american) trade (business)
46 of 47  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

21st July 2012, 14:43
Good Afternoon, All.

Thank you for your kind wishes. I am back now and enjoying the usual plethora of prize crosswords that Saturday brings. Haven't won anything for weeks, but will keep on trying.

Best wishes for now.

P
47 of 47  -   Report This Post