CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mrw

14th July 2012, 21:47
Pastille i'm a techno phobe thanks for the kiss what the hell does D stand for? I'm taking it as a compliment. Or should I ask my 17 year old daughter?
21 of 50  -   Report This Post

pastille

14th July 2012, 21:55
It's what is called an "emoticon"

: ) Is a smiley face.

; ) Is a winking smiley face

: D Is a big smile

And you have to look at them sideways....
22 of 50  -   Report This Post

phillip

14th July 2012, 21:58

which way is sideways pastille.
23 of 50  -   Report This Post

mrw

14th July 2012, 22:20
Pastille thank you. Phillip are you being rude. I'm on my third scotch now so no more from me.
24 of 50  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

14th July 2012, 22:33
Quixote,I'm sorry if people were rude to you when you joined this site; the vast majority of people are friendly, pleasant and helpful but there are exceptions here as anywhere. But I am a little confused: you belittle people for 'hanging around this site', yet here you are, posting items for the sole purpose of getting into conversation/argument with others. Nothing wrong with that, but I would contend that you are just the same as the rest of us, with our various reasons for using the site.
With regard to your initial enquiry I hope you now understand the etiquette of the site - ie give answers/hints as requested. With your undoubted ability you would be a great asset to those of us who do need help from time to time in completeing crosswords, mostly for our own satisfaction - let's face it, not many of us are desperate for the usual prize of a fountain pen or crossword dictionary (coals to Newcastle springs to mind). Here's hoping you can enjoy the forum along with the rest of us. Best wishes mrs t.
25 of 50  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

14th July 2012, 22:38
Having said all that, I strongly suspect 'Quixote' is a pseudonym for one of our other regulars - almost certainly someone who has posted on this thread in at least one other guise. What larks Pip, what larks.
26 of 50  -   Report This Post

bernie

14th July 2012, 22:43
Mackeson anyone?
27 of 50  -   Report This Post

phillip

14th July 2012, 22:52
mrs trellis, you are completely wrong if you think that I am Quixote. if you read the original threads you could see that. but it's much more fun to sling suggestions around without having to produce any evidence isn't it. no offence taken.
I also suspect that quixote is a regular having a laugh but I don't care who he really is. what's the point.
28 of 50  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

14th July 2012, 23:02
phillip, at first I couldn't work out what you were on about - but then it clicked. I wasn't referring to you with my use of 'Pip', I was just using a line from Great Expectations which is a bit of a catchphrase in my house. Sorry if you thought I was accusing you.
29 of 50  -   Report This Post

phillip

14th July 2012, 23:05
mrs trellis, thankyou. lucky I wasn't offended really. I might have said something.
30 of 50  -   Report This Post