CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

phillip

12th July 2012, 13:46
there's a welsh connection as well.....

http://www.h2g2.com/approved_entry/A769250
41 of 48  -   Report This Post

magworth

12th July 2012, 13:52
Yes!1 I too thought it was `the prairie echo` !
I like `cwtch` too. Before you joined, Raymond, Jazzgirl and I exchanged memories of Under Milk Wood. At school we had the afternoon of St. David`s day off, sang God Bless the PoW, Men of Harlech etc in the morning. I left S wales in 1953, but later spent 4 years at RAF Valley. Mags.
42 of 48  -   Report This Post

raymond

12th July 2012, 15:45
Welsh connection with you too Philip..? I must say I feel at home now, especially with Mags and Jazzgirl having similar memories. We left S.W in 1960. Good old Dylan Thomas, a bit of a 'Boyo' but a 'lovely way with the words'..! Hope you enjoyed Valley Mags,great part of the world. Still annoyed over Vaporetto..! Ugh.! x
43 of 48  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

12th July 2012, 15:51
O, ye lucky Welshpersons. You have won the draw when God was dishing out the singing voices. Admittedly, the Scots have the good looks, but wouldn't it be nice to be able to sing like the Welsh.

I have been gathering Harry Secombe since the late fifties. One I only found in recent years was Eli Jenkin's Prayer, from Under Milk Wood. My own rendition is not so good, and I also inflict What a Friend We Have In Jesus to the tune of Calon Lan, on anyone who can't get out of earshot in time.

Welcome to our happy family, Raymond. I hope we hear from you often.

P
44 of 48  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

12th July 2012, 15:53
Welcome to Primarni too. I started reading the threads from last to first, so only found that you had joined us. Come again soon.

P
45 of 48  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

12th July 2012, 22:17
Good evening, All. Thought I would check in to see if there is any activity before I start being busy.

Mrs P returns from holiday tomorrow, so I will have to tidy up a bit. There are s feathers lying in the dining room, so I guess the cat must have brought a bird home for supper. I will have to check that there is no mouldy food in the fridge, that any empty cans which may be lying in the vicinity of the tin opener, are removed. I must ensure that there is no pipe ash in the butter and that the remnants of the past few days' meals can be found in any part of the house.

I will even shave in honour of Mrs P's return. Not only that, I will search for some of my clothes which do not have burn holes and I will wear a tie. Mrs P believes that we should always dress well, while I subscribe to the view that anyone who doesn't like what they see, is welcome not to look.

Off to earn my Brownie Points.

Best wishes.

P
46 of 48  -   Report This Post

primarni

13th July 2012, 08:39
Pipesmoker, thank you really looking forward to interacting with you all! Raymond, I live in the East Midlands so know the phrase 'mardy' very well, it means sulky or moody. Have you also heard the term 'scrating'? Which is a Midlands word for crying. Have a very good day all Jx
47 of 48  -   Report This Post

butterfly

13th July 2012, 20:26
Bit of a stinker this week. So much for thinking I was getting cleverer over the last few weeks. Definitely a new compiler!!
Good job I read all the posts, that helped no end. I was stuck like most with the bottom left and top right hand sides. Of course I had put Cowl for 21d , which made perfectly good sense for the clue but put everthing else wrong. Anyway finished now so thanks for all the hints etc.
48 of 48  -   Report This Post