CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jazzgirl

10th July 2012, 15:12
Thanks Mags. I've now got 8a (ChrisE is right)(I was looking for the wrong French word )
11 of 48  -   Report This Post

magworth

10th July 2012, 15:48
You are right, ChrisE - even without the clue !
I`ve got 20ac thanks to Jazzgirl. I`ve still got some bottom L to do. I`m going to keep trying. mags.
12 of 48  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

10th July 2012, 15:50
Finally finished (just over 2 hours) It was tricky in parts, but some very clever clues. (Getting 1d completely wrong didn't help matters !)
13 of 48  -   Report This Post

devonian

10th July 2012, 16:44
Hi all - nearly finished BUT having difficulty with the top left corner - 1d, 2d & 15 a. Further clues to 2d would be most welcome 'Crucible snooker event, thousand tingle again beforehand' I've got -a-t-n-/--t ?
14 of 48  -   Report This Post

phillip

10th July 2012, 16:51
looks like melting pot.
15 of 48  -   Report This Post

devonian

10th July 2012, 17:09
Thanks Phillip - I had 7a wrong & it was throwing me for the remainder - now all finished
16 of 48  -   Report This Post

magworth

10th July 2012, 17:50
At last! I`ve been going back all day - convinced that `yellow substance left out` must be go(L)d ! Idiot that I am. mags.
17 of 48  -   Report This Post

chris4food

10th July 2012, 18:01
Hi Everyone, know it's not very Christian of me, but glad to see others having problems!!
Found it a lot harder this week, altho when I did get some answers, thought they were clever clues [just a thickie puzzler!]
Jazzgirl, I had to laugh at you getting the TV instead of Radio Times - I did that during the Christmas period and was panicking that everywhere had sold out, then grabbed what I thought was the RT and only discovered it was the TV Times when I got home - subsequently found out that the RT wasn't due out for another week.....
Still got five to go:
3d -U-T-R- If it's anything to do with plants I'm a numpty
17d -O-E---
19d -P---
21d R--- Got runt for this, but don't can't see how it fits, other than being a short animal - or maybe not
finally,
23a-----E---
Any help, greatly appreciated. Off to prepare dinner now, so may have some divine inspiration whilst cooking....
Cheers
Chris
PS Well done, to those who've finished - clever clogs, the lot of you!!
18 of 48  -   Report This Post

chris4food

10th July 2012, 18:12
right - couldn't leave the Xword alone, now got 17d! Yay....
19 of 48  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

10th July 2012, 18:36
chris4food
I've just finished dinner, so back again:
3d plant - think of Colmans !(most of it left on the plate)
19d a small fish -P---
21d R--- (top of the house) first 3 letters (abbrev. for the Australian marsupial)
23a-----E---
(canal boat in Venice perhaps)
Hope this helps
J
20 of 48  -   Report This Post