CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

trevor

28th June 2012, 19:29
wot a ******* charmer!
11 of 29  -   Report This Post

paul

28th June 2012, 19:38
At least I don't feel quite as thick as I did!
13 of 29  -   Report This Post

quixote

28th June 2012, 19:51
Damn right, trevor - I'm a hard old man - remember I got some very nasty bullying when I joined a few days ago, and asked some perfectly reasonable questions about established etiquette.

After being on for a few days, it does seem to me as if this forum is inhabited by people who want a cushy ride to solution of the grid.
I was attacked for suggesting that I would only hint at the answers instead of just giving the whole thing to the lame dogs on a plate. (and I use 'lame dogs' in a cryptic sense - no insults intended. Where's the achievement in that- for helper or helpee?

Rosalind said " it's out of the kindness of your heart " - or similar - I just happen to think that when applied to a hard intellectual puzzle, that's flabby.

and that certainly isn't why I do it; as I've said before,I want a challenging conundrum to sharpen my OWN teeth on.

I'm actually quite a charmer when circumstances justify charm - when bullies engage in an extended dumbing down of a medium that I value, I snarl back.

I think I'm probably out of here - OK - I'll save you the bother of saying 'Good Riddance'

But I would like to hear a considered apologia for the activity on this forum.

Discuss, please.
14 of 29  -   Report This Post

chrise

28th June 2012, 19:53
Philip - have you added another alias as Quixote?
15 of 29  -   Report This Post

trevor

28th June 2012, 20:00
sorry for what?
my considered apologia would have to be 'up yours'.
please do stick around though, you are funny.
16 of 29  -   Report This Post

tonyw

28th June 2012, 20:02
trevor,do you think that mirriam thing may have got #8 wrong?I have always called the upright in a window a mullion.Chambers gives muntin as the upright between door panels.
17 of 29  -   Report This Post

trevor

28th June 2012, 20:09
i should have checked Tony (never heard of it) but looks OK.
18 of 29  -   Report This Post

phillip

28th June 2012, 20:14
I am not and never have been quixote. in fact it's me he's moaning about giving him a hard time.

trevor, I can see why you liked 4. "she held the bottle with her thumb in her punt". does sort of make it my favourite as well. be careful or rambler will stop talking to you. mind you he's talking to me again.
19 of 29  -   Report This Post

phillip

28th June 2012, 20:16
oh,bit of a typo there, the punt not her punt.
20 of 29  -   Report This Post