CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

Home » Forum » RT23

night owl

30th May 2012, 04:28
GRRRRRRR! Where's my Radio Times? You are not
the only one, Pipesmoker. Wonder what their excuse is this week. Grrr again.
21 of 38  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

30th May 2012, 16:09
Hi, Night Owl.

Still no Radio Times. It is the public holiday to blame. Why can't these days just be added to employees' holiday entitlement, then they could have a day off when it suits them, instead of halting production and fouling up our crossword addiction?

Two days without a prize crossword is a bit much.

Still, someone once said, 'Smile, things could be worse'. I smiled, and things got worse.

Best wishes meantime, and I will try to stop moaning.

P
22 of 38  -   Report This Post

chris4food

30th May 2012, 16:54
oh, Pipesmoker, if you didn't moan I wouldn't recognise you - and you always make me laugh...
Didn't get started until yesterday evening, and completed it all except for 2d
-N-A-
don't have a clue - well, not one that I can get... any help out there, please???
Jazzgirl, you never seem to have problems -what's your secret???
Angelmcm, I read your thread last week, and don't know what to say. It's so unbearably sad and my prayers and good wishes are with you. Stay strong.
re late delivery of RT - I stopped having mine delivered, and now go out every week and pick it up from town - exercise does me good too, so it's a win/win situation - even if more expensive!
Other than Karen, who doesn't seem to have posted for a while, has anyone else ever won?? I reckon the cost of postage now, I could have paid for a portable dvd player over the years.... and why can't we do the crossword online - and save postage??? You can send the answers to wordfinder by email - just wondering...
I was 'talking' to someone about mucky scrabble, but didn't get back to continue the conversation, so apologies - having [yet] another senior moment....
Weather cooler here today - much better for me, don't like the sun... miserable old git, I can hear you mutter
off to make a cup of tea

hope you all have a lovely [long] weekend
Chris
23 of 38  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

30th May 2012, 17:02
hi chris4food
I've only just got back from a day in London. Dinner is in the oven! Oh, I was asking for help a few days ago, but on another xword, and Magworth gave me a hint this week.
2d is to "work with" dough for example.
e = energy + a 4-letter word for "damp"(reversed).
Just off to eat dinner soon.
Have a good weekend.
J
24 of 38  -   Report This Post

chris4food

30th May 2012, 17:10
hi Jazzgirl - hope you enjoyed your day in London - and thanks for the help - I'd got all that but couldn't think of another word for damp - just resorted to quick solve - mea culpa - and there it was - so flippin' obvious when you know......
COMPLETED - with thanks to Jazzgirl.....
25 of 38  -   Report This Post

angelmcm

30th May 2012, 20:44
Thank you all for your kind words. You are clearly a terrific bunch and I am grateful for finding you all, and not just for the clues! The 'kindness of strangers' can mean so much. To those of you having a problem re delivery of our Blessed RT - think of doing what I do - have someone trained and ready to scan and email a copy of the crossword. Here in France we never receive our copy of RT until at least Friday, and when there is a Bank Holiday.... well, half way through the next week! Goodness knows what will happen next week with 2 Bank Holidays. I have to say though that RT are very good and if we moan they add another week onto our subscription. Again, thank you all. Got the veg patch sorted today.. hurrah..
26 of 38  -   Report This Post

devonian

31st May 2012, 16:16
Hullo all, enjoying the sunshine, only now got to the puzzle. Finished .... except for 1d -a-u- probably simple, but I just can't see it ! clue please
27 of 38  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

31st May 2012, 16:37
Another day and still no Radio Times. I wonder if the postman really cares about this non delivery, or did he just take the job to keep him off the streets.

Angelmcm. May I add my sincerest sympathy? My daughter died in tragic circumstances in 2000 at the age of 27, so I know the rawness of your pain. Some people may talk of time being a great healer. It is not. You do not get over the loss of a child, you simply learn to live with it.

Best wishes.

P
28 of 38  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

31st May 2012, 16:50
Hi,Chris4food. I am one the many who consistently have not won the Radio Times Crossword prize, and it looks like this week, I will continue as normal. However, I have won prizes in the Catholic Herald in two out of the last three weeks. (Non Catholic cheats mother church out of prize will be next week's headline). I do enjoy the crossword, though. The answers are not obvious, and require a bit of thinking.

Best wishes.

P
29 of 38  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

31st May 2012, 16:54
hi devonian
You will need to change 10 across first.It is not jurassic !
1d means to block, repel, fend off etc. (a term used in fencing) First 4 letters = name for a young salmon (in its first 2 yrs of life) + Y (for the end of gully)
Do hope this helps.
J
30 of 38  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT23