CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

aristophanes

24th May 2012, 21:28
NEVER try to put a Manx fisherman in a micro; there's a warning in the directions for use.
21 of 42  -   Report This Post

andyc

24th May 2012, 21:30
Ah W H Gill's hymn! My wife and I sing it before we retire each evening.
22 of 42  -   Report This Post

andyc

24th May 2012, 21:38
Having been unable to rouse Philip my current status is now "asleep".
23 of 42  -   Report This Post

pastille

25th May 2012, 11:48
Good morning...great thread andyc...nice to see a bit of persiflage.

Trevor is pastille???

Ever thought pastille could be Trevor? Eh?

Terry/berkspotter/Philip / dive boy is definitely NOT Trevor...

I would not worry too much. . . Maybe diving of the coast of Turkey or some other exotic place playing at being Captain...(Jack Sparrow, Birdseye, Pugwashor Kirk.)

And trevor...I am a "slug" mugger...SLUG..Weapon of choice...a Japanese razor hoe.

P@
24 of 42  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

25th May 2012, 13:04
So, pastille, could you explain the difference between the two equations trevor=pastille and pastille=trevor? I don't see it, but it may be one of those gender things. Oh, and you might consider purchasing a microwave slug-zapper. The little critters are also attracted to beer (you just put some in a saucer and they'll find it), but there's nothing more disgusting than listening to a bunch of partying slugs in the middle of the night- no morals at all.
25 of 42  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

25th May 2012, 13:19
andyc: The hymn is actually printed at the front of the book; I played it on the piano and it's quite beautiful- a couple of sustained Ds in the soprano line (a bit high by today's degraded standards) and a nice alto part with a funky accidental. No wonder you sing it every night.
26 of 42  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

25th May 2012, 13:51
I've just been listening to "Ellan Vannin" So beautiful.
27 of 42  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

25th May 2012, 14:00
Just checked it out, jazzgirl. Oh, yes. Glad to see you've survived your hedge-trimming.
28 of 42  -   Report This Post

andyc

25th May 2012, 20:19
Sorry you two, been out all day. Nothing from Philip, but glad you are both enjoying our music. The recently late Maurice Gibb did a version of Ellan Vannin with a local school very touching.
29 of 42  -   Report This Post

pastille

25th May 2012, 23:53
Okay.......you two???

Who is that then?

Who is the one with the ."fleachy touch"?

P@
30 of 42  -   Report This Post