CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mondrian

12th May 2012, 13:36
Despite all the earlier hints about 14D (Inside blubber etc) I still cannot get it!! Likewise 17down (amount of water etc etc)

Good for you Old gal starting this thread off. I dont think I have ever managed that yet. Hope you are feeling well.

By the way we seem to be missing Caravaggio. Hope he is fit and well and hasn`t abandoned us.

Pipesmoker. I`m saving a visit to Glasgow`s Transport Museum till my grandson comes. He is vehicle crazy at age 5. Would you say it is good for children? Hope you are continuing to keep well.

31 of 41  -   Report This Post

rossim

12th May 2012, 13:42
Rosalind. Take care with the cake/2 year old boy combination!
32 of 41  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

12th May 2012, 13:45
hello Mondrian
17d word for 8 pints + e(european) = a ship
13d cr- - - - - -y (not done straight)
the missing letters are an angram of "looked"
Enjoy the sun
J
33 of 41  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

12th May 2012, 13:50
oh hello Rosalind
I missed your post until I saw rossim. I can't even make rock cakes, let alone what you are doing!
Keep little fingers out of the mixture ;)
J

34 of 41  -   Report This Post

mondrian

12th May 2012, 13:56
Jazzgirl. My heart lifted when I saw you had contributed! You are so reliable. But many thanks for your help. Of course the answers are so very obvious - now!!

Glad you have sunshine - good for your photos. Glad also to hear that much of England is now out of water restrictions mode. We don`t have much of that problem here usually!

One of our contributors has a strong theatre connection I seeem to remember. Saw a very good production of King Lear at The Citizens Theatre here also a touring production of `A Long Day`s Journey Into Night` with David Suchet (outwith his Poirot character). I hear it is now in London.
35 of 41  -   Report This Post

radarman

12th May 2012, 14:28
Thanks jazzgirl. Now I understand 2d, but I just could not see it wihtout your suggestion.
B
36 of 41  -   Report This Post

rosalind

12th May 2012, 14:53
Hi Jazzgirl
The mixture was mixed months ago, now in the process of adding jewels to the crown, literally! One of my grandson's few words is "cake", which along with "peeeeese" is irresistible. However, this one he can't try, yet or perhaps ever since it contains some of the hard stuff.
Cheers!
37 of 41  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

13th May 2012, 10:54
Hi, Mondrian.

Yes, the Transport Museum is ideal for a car crazy 5 year old. I'm a big wean myself, and I have been daft on cars since I was about three. (Some say I'm just daft).

My granddaughter used to come to the Kelvin Hall with me when the transport museum was there. She enjoyed me pointing out all the types of cars on display that I have owned over the past 49 years.

There are plenty of audio displays and buttons to touch. Also, there is a wee shop selling toys, and there is a coffee shop for leg weary grandparents.

Hope you both enjoy your visit. Best of all, it is free.

Best wishes.

P
38 of 41  -   Report This Post

devonian

14th May 2012, 14:06
Hi all - been away so a bit later than usual, stuck on two - 15a) -a-n-h- I'm assuming the first letter is P ? & 22a) a-e- trying to find a word that means 'waterless' arid wont fit ?
Clues please
39 of 41  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

14th May 2012, 14:32
hi devonian
Have only just logged on after lunch.
15a fat, forceful article covered (7)
forceful = punchy + a = fat

22a Canaveral's waterless state (4)
Canaveral (minus canal) = - - - -
It's raining again here. But gorgeous sunny day on Sunday.
J
40 of 41  -   Report This Post