CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

chris4food

10th May 2012, 10:14
hi Pipesmoker, one of the last ones to fall for me was tbe 'nine is' one, and when I got it I still think it was right, took ages for the penny to drop! In fact I was so engrossed this morning I was too late to make my doctor's appointment - they'd all been taken! Try again tomorrow - good job it's nothing serious!!!
Hope you're keeping well and had no more diy disasters over the Bank holiday weekend - a dangerous time according to statistics....
Chris
11 of 41  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

10th May 2012, 10:42
Hi, Chris4food. Thanks for your interest. I actually spent the bank holiday moaning about the lack of morning post, and that my RT would be a day late. I am becoming increasingly hard to please, as the years roll by.

We went to the new motor museum in Glasgow. Many of the exhibits are sitting on plinths sticking out of the wall, so you would need to be about eighteen feet tall to see them properly. (More moans).

Happily, no new DIY in sight.

Hope your doctor visit goes ok. Tell them to treat you with great care and tenderness.

Best wishes.

P
12 of 41  -   Report This Post

chris4food

10th May 2012, 14:42
Pipesmoker, I always moan about everything - my children are always going on about it!!!
But sometimes I think we just like moaning! I haven't been to Glasgow for years - during the time when it was the City of Flowers and a couple of years after - I loved the place and the people.
The exhibition sounds fun, but I wouldn't like to stand under any of the exhibits, though! Sounds a bit dangerous to me - an opportunity for some spontaneous DIY???
Thanks for your good wishes - my health is pretty good - altho I could do with losing a lot of weight - dare I say, I'm twice the woman I used to be???
Cheers
Chris
13 of 41  -   Report This Post

old gal

10th May 2012, 16:24
Still struggling but distracted by another struggle. Have fault on phone and obviously can't phone in fault so decided to report online!!! Ho ho ho! Eventually got a reply to say they would be able to fix it by Monday (hopefully). This seems excessively long to me! Also received a delivery via a neighbour of a nest of tables I ordered in Jan, cancelled in March and received refund! Is it me???????????????? Can't phone for collection due to faulty line. Just going off to wrap wet towel round head.....
14 of 41  -   Report This Post

mr.light

10th May 2012, 18:00
Evening all - about half way thru - still pouring down early eve here in Bucks - doggies fast asleep, the missus working late, horses munching outside the kitchen window, large g&t plus RT xword - to be continued - .. xx
ps - are we talking Andrew Motion ?
15 of 41  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

10th May 2012, 18:08
'Evening Mr Light. Are you talking 11a? if so yes to Andrew for the motion ;)
16 of 41  -   Report This Post

mr.light

10th May 2012, 19:01
cheers jazzy babe - still no getting the surname (don't tell me ....yet )
17 of 41  -   Report This Post

gypsygirl

10th May 2012, 20:35
Evening all, found this weeks very awkward and am still left with two small ones, have ideas for the answers but don't like them. Small hints please for 6d and 19d. Just seen the most fantastic rainbow ever, a complete arc against a black sky and the colours were so vibrant! Best wishes GG
18 of 41  -   Report This Post

chris4food

10th May 2012, 20:44
Hi Gypsygirl, not sure how I got 19d either, but think of another word for the present time [Thursday] - not much good at giving small hints, unlike Jazzgirl, who's a whizz!!!
6d - think of another word for bleak - the isle has T in it which defines bleak - oh dear, I think completely mucked it up for you now....
Good luck, anyway
Hey OldGal - your phone woes made me laugh - I hope it's not BT cos they are a nightmare to deal with..... good luck and hope you're soon back in touch...
19 of 41  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

10th May 2012, 21:18
Good hints there chris !
re 19d, lawyer is DA (District Attorney) and the remaining letters are synonym for pretend (adjective)
Old gal, good job you have a sense of humour with all the goings-on.
Off to bed. Need an early night.
J
20 of 41  -   Report This Post