CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mondrian

29th March 2012, 14:21
16 and 20 Across now solved.
31 of 53  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

29th March 2012, 14:37
hello Mondrian
11a apart from being the name of a TV series, is an expression used when you are "lacking in confidence or courage about a forthcoming action"
It is 32c degrees in the sun here.
Hope the workmen are doing well.
Best wishes
J
32 of 53  -   Report This Post

mondrian

29th March 2012, 14:43
Thanks Jazzgirl. I had sort of worked out the name of that TV show but I have never seen it so it didn`t mean anything to me.

What a heatwave you`ve got. It is a bit cooler here today. Thanks you, the bathroom installation is going well, I hope. I have escaped to the Library yet again!
33 of 53  -   Report This Post

mondrian

29th March 2012, 14:46
Pipesmoker. You and me both are always 5 numbers short on the lottery! I had to laugh at your way of putting it! Better luck to you on Saturday.
34 of 53  -   Report This Post

magworth

29th March 2012, 16:47
Caravaggio - many thanks for the Durham info, very interesting.
Mondrian. I hesitated for years about having my bath replaced by a walk-in shower. I had it done and it`s wonderful! You`ll never regret it. M.
35 of 53  -   Report This Post

bees

29th March 2012, 20:15
The compiler is obviously a Southerner.
Anyone else would know that the city in 13D is not northern, it's in the East Midlands. Wouldn't it be good to give Londoners a test on British geography, to see if they know anything outside the South-East of England?
36 of 53  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

29th March 2012, 20:25
hi Bees
I thought the same as you at first, but when you anagram "giant moth" there is an 'n' missing (shown in the clue as northern) which then makes a city.
The clue has to be read as:
"giant moth (fluttering i.e. anagram) past n) = a city.
Hope I am making sense :)

J
37 of 53  -   Report This Post

bees

29th March 2012, 20:30
Thanks Jazzgirl.
My apologies to the compiler and the SE in general. I'll go and hide now.
38 of 53  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

29th March 2012, 20:32
I bet quite a few people were thinking the same as we did. Come out from behind that sofa !
J
39 of 53  -   Report This Post

old gal

29th March 2012, 22:20
Hi terry, nice to he ar from you again. Thanks for the hint, got it now! Am using an iPad for this post. Very proud of myself! Am stuck now on 16a, like Mondrian and 1d. Had lovely day in Stratford meeting old friends. Used to smoke hash but now compared hearing problems & medications. How the mighty are fallen...
40 of 53  -   Report This Post