CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

anybody

18th February 2012, 16:17
Frank/Franck?
31 of 57  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

18th February 2012, 17:59
OK, "got it off" at last (???!!!)but only with the help of a friend: some were real mindbenders! Thank you again, Richard, for all the trouble: it was well worth it!
32 of 57  -   Report This Post

macmillanquizzer

18th February 2012, 20:36
Congratulations, Greedy Kite. All correct. You clearly know your Bach from you Bachman Turner Overdrive.
I'm so relieved that somebody has completed it as I was concerned that I'd made this one too difficult......
33 of 57  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

18th February 2012, 21:08
Woot woot, greedy!

It would be befitting praise
If one but sang "La Marseillaise".
34 of 57  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

18th February 2012, 22:05
Except that I'm not French! The main thing is to enjoy it, so I'd like to thank Richard again for all the fun it provided!Anyway, would like to point out once again, if it hadn't been for the help of a certain good friend, I would never have made it with the last few.Seriously, I find many of the supposedly challenging crosswords far less rewarding. And that has nothing to do with superiority: I just know what interests me.If I still need to apologize to some people, then sorry! Just take my postings in the spirit they're written in, please!
35 of 57  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

18th February 2012, 22:11
We know you're not French, but you could conceivably accept the gold medal for your country of residence, could you not?
36 of 57  -   Report This Post

macmillanquizzer

18th February 2012, 22:23
Il n'y a pas de medaille, Monsieur!
37 of 57  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

18th February 2012, 22:45
Assumed as much. Been meaning to take a crash course in literalness, if not in French. Will try to be more cautious. :)
38 of 57  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

19th February 2012, 08:00
Please don't aristo, I enjoy your comments. But I think greedy kite should accept the (non-existent) medal on behalf of the UK, may it be the first of many this year. Ever the optimist. Well done gk, impressively fast work :-)
39 of 57  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

19th February 2012, 08:46
Incredibly fast Greedy Kite. Well done! I still have 21 to do.
Can I ask Richard about no.35? The answer which appears to fit has an extra letter in the surname from the one shown on a CD I have ( which probably means I've got it wrong !)lol
40 of 57  -   Report This Post