CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mrs trellis

25th February 2012, 13:53
Thanks then Mr MaqQ, I'll assume my answer is right and submit it with fingers crossed. jazzgirl, I would say the answer I have is a relatively obscure person but as Mr MacQ says, not obscure from the clue - if that makes sense! Good luck :-)
31 of 41  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

25th February 2012, 13:57
Thanks Mrs Trellis. Maybe I'll submit it with my first answer. It's not about winning, it's just the enormous fun I have had ;)
32 of 41  -   Report This Post

macmillanquizzer

25th February 2012, 17:54
Glad you've enjoyed it Jazzgirl. I'm just beginning to think about starting to write the next one....
....and am leaning towards another famous women quiz.
33 of 41  -   Report This Post

julie, aberdeen

25th February 2012, 20:00
Hello Mr MacQuizzy,
Yes, well quite a lot of your last batch of women had been infamously "leant against". I spent an enormous number of hours Googling bimbo airheads and then had to Google again to see what they did and had to use the TV Cast Lists for soap "stars". Our new telly is "programmed" very early on a Sun morning by "he who pays the licence fee" and it now only seems to do sport, Richard Attenborough, Country File, University Challenge, Eggheads and every kind of underwater creature you can possibly imagine. I don't have any generational helpers left - they've gone! BUT YES I WILL BUY YOUR NEXT QUIZ - WHATEVER
Cheers
Julie
34 of 41  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

25th February 2012, 20:56
Julie: can you explain to a "Brit" who's obviously lived abroad for much too long what you meant by "infamously leant against" women? I fear I'm losing touch with English as she is spoke!
35 of 41  -   Report This Post

julie, aberdeen

25th February 2012, 22:10
Greedy Kite,
Geeetings from the Grampians and Royal Deeside where the Queen's English is aye spoke richt

Fit Like the nicht loon ?
I hope you're not in pedantic mode tonight ?
Explanation: In reply to Jazzgirl.. Richard said he was "leaning towards" another Famous Women quiz for his next offering. I think the best plan, by way of an explanation, would be for you to buy a copy of the Autumn Quiz and then you would know who I meant and would be well prepared for the next quiz. I couldn't mention any of the lady's names in case they had me up for libel.
P.S. You won't need your Collins Biographical Dictionary nor 1000 Great Lives to complete it - it was hilarious !
Infamy, Infamy they've got it ... Infamy
that's Julius Ceasar ken.
Cheers
J
36 of 41  -   Report This Post

pastille

25th February 2012, 22:26
LOL Julie...

WOOBLOODYWOO!...I did not recycle my "January Quiz"

In the post tomorrow!

Still a very dodgy 3...don't care...I found it...

kissypoos!

p@
37 of 41  -   Report This Post

julie, aberdeen

25th February 2012, 22:44
Well done Pastille !
I thought you might find it - had the same trouble finding the January one just now. Put CND after it for the clincher.
Night
J
38 of 41  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

25th February 2012, 23:07
Belated thanks, Julie: I should have seen that!
39 of 41  -   Report This Post

macmillanquizzer

28th February 2012, 08:14
PLEASE, please, check your answers for correct spelling and the correct numbers of letters before you submit them!! It is such a shame to have to mark entries as wrong for trivial mistakes..

Thanks to everyone who is supporting this quiz. We've over 100 donations and £500 raised online in just the first 10 days....
40 of 41  -   Report This Post